DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Title: Christmas with the Kranks (2004)

Tagline: No! Ho! Ho!

Genre: Comedy, Family

Director: Joe Roth

Cast: Tim Allen, Jamie Lee Curtis, Dan Aykroyd, M. Emmet Walsh, Elizabeth Franz, Erik Per Sullivan, Cheech Marin, Jake Busey, Austin Pendleton, Tom Poston, Julie Gonzalo, René Lavan, Caroline Rhea, Felicity Huffman, Patrick Breen, Patrick O'Connor, Andrew Daly, John Short, Arden Myrin, Jan Hoag, Doug Cox, Matt Walsh, David Hornsby, Kevin Chamberlin, Ryan Pfening, Mark Christopher Lawrence

Release: 2004-11-24

Runtime: 99

Plot: Luther Krank is fed up with the commerciality of Christmas; he decides to skip the holiday and go on a vacation with his wife instead. But when his daughter decides at the last minute to come home, he must put together a holiday celebration.

Always up for a good Dan Aykroyd and Tim Allen movie. Saw this one for the first time on an HD channel, and found it to be thouroghly(sp) enjoyable. But I seem to remember it didn't get such great reviews..

Anyone else like this movie?

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
I agree with Colin, this was one of the worst films I have hade the displeasure of seeing.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
sorry neil, i thought it was garbage.

i couldnt even bare whatever they were going for with curtis, her character was borderline mentally deficiant.

plus jeez between this movie and the thing she did with lindsay lohan(she still looked good), what the bleep happened to her?

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htf/...ghlight=kranks

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I just caught this myself a couple of weeks ago on cable. I didn't like it much. Full of unlikeable characters and not much humor that I could see.

Sorry.

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member
Sorry Neil, looks like you're in the very small minority in this one. One of the worst Christmas movies ever made. It's message of conformity and adherence drove me up the wall. Not to mention the lame attempts at humor and slapstick. The "resolution" felt forced, maudlin, and saachirine. To quote Roger Ebert "I hated this movie. I hated, hated, hated, hated, hated, this movie."

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Hehe, guess I'm one of the few. Would it start a riot to say that I also LOVED Suburban Commando? :)

DavidPla

Senior HTF Member
Never seen the movie but you must not be the only one Neil as the film was actually a Box Office hit. It opened with 21 M and made close to 74 M in North America. I guess Christmas Themed Tim Allen movies are pretty much a guarantee.

David James

Stunt Coordinator
It's rare for me to chime in on a thread only to say I didn't like a movie.

I didn't like this movie so much, I thought I'd make an exception.

I really didn't like this movie.

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
I thought the film was pretty harmless with a lot of predictable if goofy slapstick and pratfall based humor, no more insulting to my aesthetics than a National Lampoons movie (though nowhere near the perfection of christmas vacation).

I laughed a lot at the movie, but then I saw it after thanksgiving with twenty people from my family, including an aunt who was mournfully over the top all weekend because her only daughter (and youngest child) was missing thanksgiving for the first time because she was in South America on a mission. To say that the humor was enhanced by these circumstances is a huge understatement.

:)

I thought it was a good, goofy movie. I have always been fond of Tim Allen personally so that maybe why. So Neil, you aren't completely alone ;)

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
My wife loves this one. It’s not my favorite.

Where is the blu ray?

I do see it’s on prime but we love Christmas movies and I was surprised we don’t own this one.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks