What's new

Christmas Vacation S.E. Help (1 Viewer)

Scott Munkirs

Auditioning
I bought National Lanpoons Christmas Vacation S.E. about 2 weeks ago and finally watched the movie today with the kids while decorating the house for XMAS and I have a question:

I went to special Features and I had 4 choices but the 4th choice was X out (Griswalds) How do you open that up?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Scott

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
For a moment, I was curious about it as well, thinking that perhaps it was some sort of "easter egg". It's nothing but a gag. Sort of like the "naughty or nice" list. You have a checkmark for the commentary, one for the trailer, and one for the "cast and crew" section......then. one BIG RED "x" next to the name Griswold. It's all part of the joke. Nothing more, nothing less. After doing some searching on the net, I've come to find that the DVD contains no hidden easter eggs what-so-ever.

Mark Oates

Supporting Actor
The anamorphic presentation is satisfying on a widescreen tv, but the movie appears to have been shot open-matte, so technically you're seeing less of the picture on the special edition than on the original edition. I have to say that on one or two scenes (such as the dog chasing the squirrel through the dining room doors) the framing of the SE hides a technical error in the effects (the squirrel disappears a split second ahead of the Rottweiler coming through the doors).

I was glad to see the film finally issued properly in R2 as the special edition, but I wasn't so happy at Warner UK's lack of firm information on the release - right up to the street date there was erroneous information that the disc would include outtakes not included on the R1 edition (when in fact the two discs are identical).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks