What's new

Christmas Vacation on BD or HD-DVD (1 Viewer)

Tim Mauldin

Stunt Coordinator
Christmas Vacation is a classic comedy (at least to me anyway), that I have been considering upgrading.

Can anyone that has this title on either format, comment on the picture quality? I have the standard first, full screen release. Would it be worth it to upgrade.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member

They are both part of the 2 for 1 blu-ray sale at Amazon today.
They would be $19.95 for both or under $10 each. Also qualifies for free shipping as the before discount price is over $25. The selection for this sale was different yesterday so I don't know if it changes every day.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...rd_i=193640011

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I remember reading at the time of their release that both CHRISTMAS VACATION and CHRISTMAS STORY had mediocre picture quality, barely a step up from SD-DVD.

However, that first CHRISTMAS VACATION (full frame) release was a horrible transfer which Warners did rectify with an anamorphic transfer several years ago. (They did the same with CHRISTMAS STORY, too).

So, I'd say if all you have is that first awful full frame transfer, I'd definitely go for the high definition transfer if you really like the film.

Tim Mauldin

Stunt Coordinator
^ Thanks Matt, thats what I needed to know. I just picked up the Blu-Ray at Amazon's two-for-one sale.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks