What's new

Christmas-themed TV on DVD (1 Viewer)

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Alpha has announced their August release schedule and it includes two dvds, "Rare Christmas TV Classics, Vol. 1" and "Rare Christmas Classics, Vol. 2". Each of these will contain 4 classic Christmas episodes from vintage television shows. As best I can tell each volume will contain at least one episode that has not been released before. The rest of the episodes either are already available on a previously released set or they will be available on the upcoming Mill Creek "Holiday TV Classics" dvd collection. I'll be purchasing all of these dvds since I'm a Christmas-themed TV nut. And of course we have Paramount releasing a Christmas dvd in a few weeks, and we've got Shout's "Ozzie and Harriet Christmas" dvd coming as well.

Just thought I'd pass this info along for any other Christmas fans.

Gary "some of these episodes are quite rare and I'm looking forward to viewing them for the very first time" O.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
One of my all-time Christmas episodes is in the Happy Days S2 set when Fonzie pretends that he's got to catch a bus up to a big family dinner/Christmas Eve gathering when he really doesn't have anywhere to spend Christmas Eve. So Ritchie does the right thing and invites Fonzie to spend Christmas Eve with the Cunningham's. Remember Fonzie reciting "Twas the Night Before Christmas"?

"Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse......can you dig it?"

As the Fonz would say...."Heeyyyy" :emoji_thumbsup:

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary

Yep, it's one of my favorite Christmas episodes as well, Jeff. It's by far the best of the "Happy Days" Christmas episodes, of which I believe there were a total of three.

Gary "glad some of the studios are releasing Christmas-themed TV on DVD this year" O.

Bob Hug

Screenwriter
The Vincent Price narrated "A Christmas Carol" from 1949 on Alpha's upcoming volume 2 is notable in that it features the television debut of young Jill Oppenheim, who later changed her name to Jill St. John. She plays one of the daughters of Bob Cratchit and is pretty much unrecognizeable. I have this on a dollar DVD that I picked up a couple of years ago and it's one of the oldest television shows that I have in my collection. I can't tell whether this was part of a series or not, but it looks like it was an independent production.

danfeiyan18

Auditioning
Real Name
feiyan
It would be a great idea to buy the most popular DVD movies from stores and send them as Christmas gifts to your family or friends while having backups for your own enjoyment.
In the site I recommend, there are lots of DVD movies you can watch.
Here is a good metnod to copy Christmas DVD on Mac.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
morkys
Recent bookmarks