What's new

CHRISTMAS STORY 16x9 with Peter Billingsley commentary (1 Viewer)

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
In light of Goonies and Willy Wonka getting commenatry by the grown up kids, how about a Christmas Story with Peter Billingsley commentary.
Maybe get Randy(Ian Petrella) & Flick(Scott Schwartz(I)) & Scwartz (R.D. Robb)
ALSO 16X9
The P&S copy is horrible...it shook too much!!!
Maybe we can get a petition started, I know this will get just as much feedback as Wonka did!!!
------------------
[Edited last by JohnS on August 28, 2001 at 04:18 AM]

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Okay, I'll vote for that suggestion. I love this film, and I have a friend who's non-HTF (he doesn't surf much) who is a *RABID* fan of this movie, and would buy such an edition in a heartbeat, too. Where do we sign up?
------------------
DAVE/Memphis
Widescreen is Family Fun!
FamilyWidescreen_ws.jpg

Jeff_A

Screenwriter
I will not buy the current version. If this were properly released, I would buy it in a heartbeat.
------------------
The Dark Tower
jamaris1.jpg

Roman Polanski's - The Fearless Vampire Killers?

GregoryP

Supporting Actor
Christmas Story is one of my all time favorite movies, but I cannot bring myself to purchase a non-OAR DVD. If it were to be released in 16x9 I'd buy it in a heartbeat!
Gregory

Jay Rodriguez

Stunt Coordinator
I'm in. I have held up buying the current version, because of the reasons mentioned above. I would love to see a 16x9 SE. Oh, and would you please use the original artwork on the cover?

Brett Hancock

Supporting Actor
In light of the fact that I have watched this movie every single time for the past 4 years on the 24 hour marathon on tnt I would have to say of course to buying this movie on dvd.
------------------
"Come on, you fuckers think that just cause a guy reads comics he can't start some shit, I'll fucking take all you on!"
Beavis and Butthead on DVD
Family Guy on DVD

Scott Shanks

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott Shanks
I have purposely passed over buying this because it is not 16:9. It is a very inexpensive DVD, too. I just keep hoping that Warner will come to their senses (or cents-es) one day and release it widescreen.
------------------

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I know were are in DESPERATE need of a 16x9 transfer, but wouldn't anybody like to hear Raplhie(Peter Billingsley) commentary or see a brand new documentary of Peter B. and his brother Randy??
------------------

Jonathan_

Second Unit
I would be first in line to pick up a new 16x9 version of A Christmas Story. It is Holiday staple in my family.
------------------
Jonathan

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
It's one of my favorite movies, but I don't currently own a copy. Guess why?
If it were re-released on DVD in the proper aspect ratio, I'd definitely purchase it.

Tim Holmes

Grip
I haven't bought the current edition of Christmas Story because it's Pan and Scan. I can see that on TV when it comes around, I don't need a DVD to give me that.
My wife, when I thought this thread was telling me there WAS a version in 16x9, mentioned she'd thought of buying it for me for Christmas, but noticed it wasn't 16x9, let alone anamorphic, and decided not to.
I'd sign a petition asking it to be released widescreen. If the petition is simply that, not a complaint letter, just a request stating I'd purchase an anamorphic, 16x9 version of the film. I'd also request my preference for a commentary... though I'd buy it without that.
Tim

Robert G

Stunt Coordinator
I would love to see this. I have held off on the current version as well and would also snatch up a SE (16 X 9 of course) in a minute.
------------------

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
This is one classic movie that deserves the proper treatment. I'll be it in an instant if they release this in OAR.

Greg_Y

Screenwriter
I own the current version (Warner Bros. issue.) It looks like junk. Please release a new DVD with 16X9 widescreen. A classic film.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks