What's new

Christmas Shopping Story (1 Viewer)

Keith E

Stunt Coordinator
Here is my little Christmas Shopping story.
Last week a friend at work had asked me to go with her to Best Buy because she wanted to buy her parents a DVD player for Christmas.
Well we went and picked up the DVD player then she wanted to buy them some movies (Spiderman, Star Wars Phantom Menace and Attack of The Clones and Men In Black II) as we were picking up movies I noticed that she was just putting discs in the basket Full Frame title of this Widescreen title of that. I stopped her and asked her if she was paying attention to what she was doing as each title had two versions.
She said that she didn't realize this and asked me what the difference was. I went into detail about the difference and she quickly put the Pan and Scan discs back and picked up the Widescreen versions.
So I made one convert during the Christmas season.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
When DVD was announced, both formats were supposed to be on one disc! This dual-release thing is just silly.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
On a postive note, my sister and brother-in-law asked for a few movies for Christmas, but did not specify whether they preferred OAR or pan & scan. Therefore, I decided to get them the proper version (i.e. widescreen). I was pleased to find out after all the presents were opened that my brother-in-law preferred widescreen anyway.

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
I am always so reluctant to convert people to widescreen in stores. Why? I am not sure. But I see people with full screen DVDs all the time, and not once have I tried to convert. :b

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks