What's new

Christmas returns at out of state chain stores (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
For those who will be travelling out of state, will chain stores like Best Buy and Circuit City allow return for store credit (with gift receipt) if the items were purchased from another fellow store in another state (i.e. a Best Buy in GA allowing returns from a Best Buy purchase in AL)?

Mark Murphy

Supporting Actor
I live in Massachusetts but I'm located less than ten minutes from New Hampshire. I've never had any problems w/either Best Buy or Circuit City when it comes to returning/exchanging gifts that were purchased in one state and returned in another. You may lose out on sales tax (Mass has it, NH doesn't) but my experiences have all been good. One store I'd think twice about is Target. I got a DVD for Christmas a couple years ago that I really had no interest in, so I attempted to exchange it for one I did like. It was not opened but they refused an exchange because it was not defective. I still have it.

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
Patrick, I know for a fact that Best Buy and Circuit City allow out-of-state returns/exchanges...as well as some other stores, from personal experience. Pretty much the rule I'd assume is if the stores of a chain are corporately owned, they will allow returns/exchanges with a receipt.

Jarvis_R

Agent
How can they tell if its from out of state, excusing any information on the receipt. Are the product numbers different?

I picked up a couple of gifts from Best Buy, while traveling for work. I know one of the CD's will have to go back, as the person already has it. I'm not really sure where the receipt is (more like too lazy to look). I was planning on taking it back to best buy. It still has the best buy "price tag" on it. I figured they probably wouldn't give me cash, but would at least offer a gift card.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation233
Recent bookmarks