Christmas movies on DVD

Discussion in 'DVD' started by lscd, Sep 7, 2006.

1. lscd

lscd Extra

So Scrooged is coming out in a new edition before Christmas, which is great. But is anyone aware of other Christmas movies getting updates this year?

I would say that the first two Home Alone movies could use a serious DVD update.

Trading Places could too. It's not strictly a Christmas movie, but it has a lot of Christmas scenes towards the end.

2. Scott_J

Scott_J Cinematographer

The original Home Alone is getting an SE upgrade on 11/21.

3. Charles H

Charles H Screenwriter

MIRACLE ON 34TH STREET is being double-disced for a special edition. There's also HOLIDAY INN as an SE and the ubiquitous IT'S A WONERFUL LIFE. Fox is also releasing O.Henry's FULL HOUSE (which contains "The Gift of the Magi" and an all-star cast) in a special edition and for the first time on video.

4. Garysb

Garysb Cinematographer

Paramount is also making a two pack of the new release of Its A Wonderful Life with White Christmas. White Christmas is not being updated.

5. andySu

andySu Cinematographer

6. lscd

lscd Extra

Excellent news about the Home Alone SE release. Too bad they don't seem to be doing Home Alone 2 at the same time. I guess that means they can double-dip next Christmas with a bundled release.

7. Paul_Nyman

Paul_Nyman Second Unit

Anyone hear if a complete restoration of A Christmas Carol/Scrooge starring Alistair Sims may be coming out this holiday season? Last November of 2005 the BBC thinking the film was a public domain title planned a full restored edition to hit shelves and within a few days of release VCI (US rights owners)stopped it from coming out.

8. Andrew Radke

Andrew Radke Screenwriter

Andrew Radke
    This is turning out to be a great year for holiday releases. I had no idea that a special edition of "Miracle On 34th Street" was coming out. As for "It's A Wonderful Life", I'll probably pick up the 2-pack with "White Christmas" since I don't have that either.

I'm ecstatic about "Home Alone" but I was really hoping for a special edition of the 2nd film. That would've made my Christmas. [​IMG]