Christmas movies......already?!?!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Gary Case, Oct 1, 2001.

1. Gary Case

Gary Case Auditioning

So I'm sitting at the breakfast table this morning watching Cartoon Network when, what to my wondering eyes should appear, But a miniature sleigh, and eight tiny (stop-motion) reindeer. And a talking snowman. Yes folks, The Christmas marketing blitz has already begun. I've not even turned on my heater yet. We've not even had the first frost. It's not even freakin' Halloween, for crying out loud, and Time-Life is already advertising their Christmas movies.
    *sigh*
    I guess the only upside to this is that now "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer", "Santa Claus Is Comin' To Town", and "Frosty the Snowman" are now available on DVD. So everyone be good little consumers and rush over to Time-Life's website to order them.
    Is it just me, or do these dang ads come on earlier every year?
    -Gary

2. Kyle McKnight

Kyle McKnight Cinematographer

Don't forget, Rudolph and the Island of Misfit Toys is coming to DVD on Halloween day. I still have my VHS copy of Cartoon Networks "Christmas In July" here, with 8 glorious hours of Christmas Cartoons [​IMG] I can't wait for the Prancer DVD, I love that movie.
    ------------------
    Kyle³
    ------------------
    Yahoo Messenger - digitalkyle
    [Edited last by Kyle McKnight on October 01, 2001 at 07:32 AM]

3. Bill Eberhardt

Bill Eberhardt Stunt Coordinator

I'm waiting for "Robbie the Reindeer." I thought the street date was 9/4.

4. Jeff Krispow

Jeff Krispow Stunt Coordinator

5. Julie K

Julie K Screenwriter

Oh I don't know. I have a couple of Christmas-y movies I like and can't wait to watch again. Jack Frost is the first, and lest anyone be confused as to which Jack Frost I'm referring to, I'm also fond of the sequel Jack Frost 2: Revenge of the Mutant Killer Snowman.
    There's just something so funny about the words "Mutant Killer Snowman."
    Anyway, I doubt these fun little movies will be showing on the networks any time soon [​IMG]
    ------------------
    My DVDs
    "Well, that's it then. You must have tripped over the cat."
    "Where did it come from? There's nothing up there but ceiling. I love how these animals just fall straight into your hands. I mean, what do they do? Hang upside-down by their claws and wait for people to pass by?"