Christmas in NYC ... Images of Interest

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Daniel Swartz, Dec 29, 2002.

1. Daniel Swartz

Daniel Swartz Second Unit

So, I spent Christmas in NYC this year and had a chance to visit some of the cultural staples. A few pictures can be found here...
    Some points of interest for fellow HTFers include the Guggenheim's Moving Pictures Exhibit that closes at the end of January...
    [​IMG]
    ...and the Zenith-sponsored New Media Lounge in SOHO.
    [​IMG]
    Happy holidays everyone!

2. Jeffrey Noel

Jeffrey Noel Screenwriter

Daniel, what camera were you using? The pictures of the Radio City Music Hall look crystal clear. Very neat too!!

3. Daniel Swartz

Jeffrey,

All pictures were taken with a Canon PowerShot G2. I wasn't really in picture-taking mode which is why some of the shots aren't as clear as they should be (e.g., the skating rink) and why there isn't that many shots as well. Thanks!

-Dan

4. Tommy Ceez

Tommy Ceez Second Unit

How did you like the moving pictures exhibit? I thought it was pretty good but I found myself enjoying the still photography most.

5. Daniel Swartz

I agree that the stills were more interesting than the truely "moving images." However, the video display (Circle of Fire was it?) by the Iranian filmaker was very cool as were the screens projected onto glass.