What's new

Christmas films Blu-ray wishlist (2 Viewers)

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Sorry for the repeat but now that I have a keyboard, just wanted to re-iterate:

Christmas That Almost Wasn't (1966)

ChristmasThatAlmostWasnt1966.jpg

davidmatychuk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Matychuk
I'd like a proper Collector's Edition of "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation", with lossless audio, some kind of new documentary, and deleted scenes. Yes, there are deleted scenes; there's a still from one of them on the back of the current Blu-Ray.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Though it's already on Blu-Ray, I'm putting in a mention for what is, in my opinion, THE definitive A CHRISTMAS CAROL from 1951, Starring Alistair Sim, as there appears to be no HTF Thread for neither DVD nor Blu-Ray of this Classic Title!

Barring its being hidden in an HTF Search Engine Crack (Unfortunately, a possibility!), how is this even possible?

To keep this post somewhat on topic, I just read that the 1938 MGM Version that Stars Reginald Owen is being Released to Blu-Ray on November 11. While not on my wishlist (I'm happy with the DVD, in this case!), I know that there are some who will appreciate this!

CHEERS! :)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Tony Bensley said:
Though it's already on Blu-Ray, I'm putting in a mention for what is, in my opinion, THE definitive A CHRISTMAS CAROL from 1951, Starring Alistair Sim, as there appears to be no HTF Thread for neither DVD nor Blu-Ray of this Classic Title!

Barring its being hidden in an HTF Search Engine Crack (Unfortunately, a possibility!), how is this even possible?
It's not! :biggrin:

#1 http://www.hometheaterforum.com/topic/283687-alastair-sim-a-christmas-carol-november-3-2009-update-new-11-1-2011-release/

#2 http://www.hometheaterforum.com/topic/308950-important-announcement-regarding-60th-anniversary-edition-of-a-christmas-carol-alastair-sim/

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
There is some great ones already listed, such as The Cheaters and Remember the Night.
I would add Beyond Tomorrow and It Happened One Christmas to this wishlist.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Mike Frezon said:
Hi Mike!

What I'd like to know is why in blazes these two threads failed to show up when I did a Forum search? I mean, even though I misspelled Alastair Sim's name (Thanks @#$% Spell Check!), my new thread is the only one that comes up in the Forum Search, whether I type the correct or incorrect spelling of his name! When I type the correct spelling, I get 3 pages of results instead of just 1, but still not the 2 Topics that you posted!

I guess that HTF ends up with more duplicate Topics this way!

SHEESH!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Sorry for any inconvenience, Tony.

The HTF is expecting a software upgrade in the near future that we are hoping will improve the search function.

In the meantime, Google searches with search terms such as this:
christmas carol sims site: www.hometheaterforum.com
Yield pretty good results such as THIS.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Mike Frezon said:
Sorry for any inconvenience, Tony.

The HTF is expecting a software upgrade in the near future that we are hoping will improve the search function.

In the meantime, Google searches with search terms such as this:

Yield pretty good results such as THIS.
Hi Mike!

Thank you very kindly for both tips! :) ;)

CHEERS! :)

Tony

davidmatychuk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Matychuk
This one is available on Blu-Ray, but I want to mention it here because a) I didn't know it was a Christmas movie until I saw it, and b) even though it's just a not-very-good Ethan Hawke/Selena Gomez car chase movie, the Shelby Cobra fan in your life will love it: "Getaway".

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
We'Re No Angels (1955 I am still waiting for this title to show up on Blu-ray. I have not seen it in years but I hope it does come out. I know it is out on DVD but it would look great on Blu-ray.The acting and the story is one of my favorites. You could not ask for a better cast put together.I do not own this Bogart classic but for 5 bucks this year bought it. I still hope for Blu-ray

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
Anyone that would be interested in A Christmas Carol (1971)?
There is a beautifull 16mm transfer in youtube, but I'd like to have this on Bluray!

bgart13

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ben
I checked with VCI, still no luck with getting the rights resolved for Richard Williams' animated Christmas Carol.

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Sorry to hear that about Christmas Carol. I would also like One Foot In Heaven and Holiday Affair. The Next Voice You Hear I should really get this year. The old budget is getting tighter though.

kitt1987

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Andy
No love for Mickey Rooney's classic "It Came Upon a Midnight Clear?" ;) That might have been shot on video though so blu might be overkill!

jim_falconer

Screenwriter
Walsh61 said:
3 Godfathers (1948)
I watch this film during the Christmas season every year. Would love to see this beautiful technicolor movie released onto BD. I also make a point of watching Donovan's Reef at Christmas time. That one would also be a very welcome addition onto BD.

davidmatychuk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Matychuk
There are three beautiful-looking stills from Bill Forsyth's "Comfort And Joy" (in HD and widescreen!) on the new Criterion Blu-Ray of "Sullivan's Travels", which includes a newly-made featurette with Mr. Forsyth's observations on that Preston Sturges classic. It turns out he had "Sullivan's Travels" in mind when he introduced the "Comfort And Joy" subplot about Bill Paterson's character wanting to make serious radio documentaries. Please put out "Comfort And Joy" in its entirety, Criterion!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks