Christmas episodes list

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by David*P, Nov 30, 2004.

1. David*P

David*P Supporting Actor

David
    You guys were so good at compiling a list of Election Day episodes that I know we'll be blown away by how many Christmas themed episodes of TV shows you can name.

I will begin:

Bewitched episode(s) #15 & 51: "A Vision of Sugar Plums" - Samantha takes an orphan to see Santa Clause at the North Pole. 51 is the same episode but with a different opening where Samantha and Darrin remember that first Christmas.

Bewitched #123: "Humbug Not Spoken Here" - This is the BW Christmas Carol where Samantha shows a Scrooge like client what Christmas is all about.

Bewitched #184: "Santa Comes To Visit and Stays and Stays" - After one of Esmerelda's goof up spells Santa appears and can't get back to the North Pole in time for his Christmas ride.

Bewitched #213: "Sisters at Heart" - When a black friend of Tabitha's stays the night around Christmas, both she and Tabitha wish they were really sisters. Tabitha makes it come true but in a weird way: white dots appear on her friend and black dots appear on Tabitha. This episode was written by a 10th Grade English class and was Elizabeth Montgomery's favorite episode.

Addams Family #49: "Christmas with the Addams Family" - When Uncle Fester gets stuck in the chimney trying to play Santa the other adults decide to dress the part for the children.

Sabrina the Teenage Witch #11: "A Girl and Her Cat" - Salem becomes the new property of a little boy when Sabrina loses track of him. She dresses as Santa trying to get him back.

STTW #36: "Sabrina Claus" - Sabrina takes over for Santa Claus so that she may learn the true meaning of Christmas.

STTW #61: "Christmas Amnesia" - Sabrina is being a grump about Christmas and her aunts try to show how bad the world would be without it.

STTW #87: "Sabrina, Nipping at Your Nose" - After fooling Mother Nature and her snowy forecast Sabrina must spend the holiday vacation with the repulsive Mr. Kraft, school principal.

STTW #107: "Sabrina's Perfect Christmas" - Sabrina opts to spend Christmas with her new roommate Morgan's family as she believes it will be a picture perfect Christmas. Turns out it's not.

STTW #150: "It's a Hot, Hot, Hot, Hot Christmas" - Sabrina and her friends spend the Christmas holiday with Roxie's recently parolled mother.

And my all time favorite Christmas episode of a show (besides the first Bewitched one) is:

Christmas Eve on Sesame Street - You know, the one with Mr. Hooper.

Now it's your turn....what are the Christmas episodes of other shows?

2. Linda Thompson

Linda Thompson Supporting Actor

Way, way too many to name... Lots of shows have done their own takes on either "It's A Wonderful Life" "The Gift Of The Magi" or "A Christmas Carol"...or all of the above. Every show from M*A*S*H to WKRP to Starsky and Hutch to Quantum Leap to Wings to Hercules and Xena has had some sort of Christmas ep(s). I can think of Christmas eps of Little House, The Waltons, Family Ties, Just Shoot Me, Home Improvement, Welcome Back Kotter, Wonder Years, Beverly Hillbillies, Golden Girls, Designing Women, X-Files, etc.

Then there are the classics: MTM, Bob Newhart, Andy Griffith, etc.

Even MacGyver had a Christmas ep (with a major plot point lifted almost verbatim from an old Dragnet Christmas ep).

All In The Family -- the ep where Archie's friend (whose son was killed in action) and Mike's draft-dodger friend both sat down to Christmas dinner with the family.

Lots of really great Christmas eps come to mind, but I do have a few real favorites. One of the best, IMO:

The Jeffersons ep where Louise found out that George had been providing a big Christmas boost to whoever happened to be living in his old ghetto apartment each Christmas...

3. Tarkin The Ewok

Tarkin The Ewok Supporting Actor

It's not on DVD, but Kenan and Kel had a pretty good Christmas show featuring the Tuba-phone.

4. Marty M

Marty M Cinematographer

Definitely too many great Christmas episodes to mention. I always enjoyed the Christmas episodes on Bob Newhart and Mary Tyler Moore. One of my all-time favorite is the Andy Griffith Show where the store keeper puts the moonshiner in jail.

5. Hugh Jackes

Hugh Jackes Supporting Actor

Hugh Jackes
    Futurama did at least two Xmas (as they spelled it) episodes featuring that Santa-bot that flew through the air rubbing out the boys and girls who had been naughty. Trouble is, its naughty chip and been programmed way to strictly and everyone was naughty. John Goodman brilliantly voiced the Santa bot. One year, he was joined by the Kwanzaa bot.

"Santa Claus is gunning you down!"

6. Casey Trowbridg

Casey Trowbridg Lead Actor

As others have said way way too many to mention.

I love the Friends Christmas episodes, especially the one where Joey and Chandler put off shopping for so long they end up buying everyone's presents at a gas station.

The Andy Griffith show christmas episode found on season 1 is really awesome as well.

7. AnthonyC

AnthonyC Cinematographer

THE SIMPSONS
    Simpsons Roasting on an Open Fire
    Marge Be Not Proud
    Miracle on Evergreen Terrace
    Grift of the Magi
    She of Little Faith
    Tis the 15th Season

8. Casey Trowbridg

Casey Trowbridg Lead Actor

How could I have forgotten to mention some of the craziest christmas themed shows ever...from South Park.

Mr. Hanky the Christmas poo, he loves me, and I love you

Charlie Manson.

9. David*P

David*P Supporting Actor

David
    I s'pose you're all right...there are a lot...so let's change the topic to "Your Favorite Christmas Episodes with a side order of any Christmas Episodes"[​IMG]

One I forgot to mention was:

Mork & Mindy #13: "Mork's First Christmas" - Mork is overwhelmed by all the madness associated with having a great Christmas.

I believe that's one of the rare instances in TV where Christ's birth is actually mentioned as the reason for the holiday. There is a really funny scene at the first where Mork talks about someone's plastic Nativity set that was out on their front lawn.

Oh and I just recalled getting teary eyed at the first Little House on the Prairie episode when the family gets Ma a new stove.