What's new

Christmas DVD-A titles from Silverline (1 Viewer)

Shawn C

Screenwriter
With the holidays coming up, I have been looking at the Silverline Christmas DVD-A titles. Does anyone here have any of them? And if so, how is the quality? I don't own any other Silverline titles, but I have heard that they aren't the greatest...

LanceJ

Senior HTF Member
It seems like only Silverline's "sub" label, Sanctuary, is putting out rather so-so sounding dvd-audios. But these discs (from what I've read) are made from either live tapes or copies of studio master tapes, neither of which will sound good on any format.
I own three of their discs: Inside the Music: New Age; Dishwalla's Opaline, and Fireside's uomini d'onore (nope, no capitals). The first two sound excellent, especially the New Age sampler's DTS track; the Swedish semi-metal album sounds pretty good--the bass is awesome! The New Age disc is a great demo disc to show off quality sound AND what "immersive" surround mixes sound like. Though to me, the music is rather boring. I really wish the king of new age music labels, Windham Hill, would get into dvd-audio.
"KeithH"--I think--owns Swinging for the Fences by The Big Phat Band, a Silverline release, and it's supposed to sound very good.
Speaking of new age/Windham Hill......if you like quality solo piano music AND you like The Doors, now there's an album of this and a free MP3 of the "Light My Fire" track available:emoji_thumbsup: (I found this while researching X-Mas music on CDNOW.com. I have two of George Winston's albums and just bought his December CD last Saturday). George recorded a tribute
album to the Doors, and it sounds pretty good. The free MP3 is ten minutes long!: http://cdnow.com/cgi-bin/mserver/SID...itemid=1596558
LJ

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks