1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Christmas album reissues

Discussion in 'Music' started by Rodney, Oct 11, 2015.

1. BobO'Link

BobO'Link Producer

Howie
    My copy arrived yesterday and I ripped it last night for the car. I'm currently listening to another new acquisition:

[​IMG]

That Bing set will follow.

2. davidmatychuk

davidmatychuk Cinematographer

David Matychuk
  3. BobO'Link

BobO'Link Producer

Howie
    I started the Bing Crosby "The Complete Decca Christmas Songbook" yesterday afternoon. It's a very good listen but can sound a bit repetetive with 3 songs repeating rather quickly on the first disc. At least they're slightly different each time as well as material I like. :)

As much as I enjoy Bing's recordings I've never much cared for his rendition of Adeste Fideles, mostly due to his phrasing and pronunciation of some words (and there are 2 versions on this album). It's the same with him singing Ave Maria. His pronunciation of some of the Latin words is wrong and, to me, rather jarring and he has some rather odd phrasing. The more modern vocal accompaniment on Ave Maria also sounds odd to me. In spite of that I like his voice so rarely skip them.

It's very interesting hearing the various versions of some of the recordings and how he made little changes through the years. I have 4 selections left on disc 1 before it's off to disc 2. That disc has several selections I'm exited for, one of which is "Snow" from the unnofficial Holiday Inn remake White Christmas.

4. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

David: You da man! Many thanks!

I went to order it right away! Too bad Amazon.com didn't have it. I was going to check Amazon.uk...but just ended up ordering from the site you posted the link of. I have no idea how long it'll take...

davidmatychuk likes this.
  5. Osato

Osato Producer

Does anyone know where I can find a good copy of the Scrooge soundtrack in cd? Original 1970 score.

iTunes may be my best bet but I would prefer cd.

actually I don’t see it on iTunes....

6. davidmatychuk

davidmatychuk Cinematographer

David Matychuk
    It's on that Spotify too. I ordered it instantly from iTunes, burned a CD immediately, put the disc in my CD player as fast as my feet could get me there. How she does it, I don't know, but I sure am glad she does it.

7. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

She is quite prolific, eh?!?

Thankfully.

davidmatychuk likes this.
  8. Ron1973

Ron1973 Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire

Ron Reagan (not that one!)
    It seems I'm a little late to the party, fellas, but I wanted to share a thought on a Gene Autry reissue of Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer. It isn't his classic 40's and 50's stuff, but it's pretty good. The reissue company, Varese Sarabande, claims it's remastered. I usually like them, but what I streamed was fake stereo. Come on, folks, it's 2019. We should be past the days of using fake stereo masters. These are the dreadful Columbia fake stereo recordings where one side is bass heavy and the other is thin sounding. I re-recorded it in mono and it sounds good.