What's new

Christmas album reissues (1 Viewer)

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
What I am excited about is that Real Gone Music is going to the expense of having Vic Anesini at Sony's Battery Studios remaster this CD. This should sound great! Plus, I unfortunately do not have the Bear Family set. :(
I never did have the CD. I went to a local thrift store years ago and picked up what I thought was the LP of it. I am always studious about checking to make sure the right LP is in the jacket. Somehow, I forgot to do it that time and wound up with some album that was so crappy that I don't remember what it was!

Likecats

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
William
Look what I received in the mail on Wednesday from Walmart. It was the last copy they had.
61E8jkZB9TL._SX355_.jpg

Attachments

• 61E8jkZB9TL._SX355_.jpg
    61E8jkZB9TL._SX355_.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 176

Ron1973

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Look what I received in the mail on Wednesday from Walmart. It was the last copy they had. View attachment 64896
If you go for rockabilly/country Christmas, see if you can download, or otherwise obtain a copy of, Johnny Horton's lone Christmas song, "They Shined up Rudolph's Nose."

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
I gave a try to a recent CD re-release of some Carpenters tunes--supplemented by the Royal Philharmonic (kinda the same idea as this Bing CD)--and was left underwhelmed.

You can sample a few tracks of this Bing CD on Amazon (by heading to the mp3 page). I dunno... Maybe.
The few tracks you can sample didn't do much for me but I'll reserve judgement for now... I don't have a problem with the originals and really don't see the need for this type of manipulation.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Probably safe place to make a note about how disappointed I was with our local radio channels. Not a single one offered up all day Christmas music this year. Only one channel said their all day music would start Christmas EVE. Boooo. :)

Over the past 20+years we've always had at least one local channel offer 24/7 Christmas music starting at least on December 1st. Now we have had a station take it a bit too far and they started Halloween night. That was a bit much.

I ended up having to use Spotify for all my in car Christmas music needs. I hope next year we get at least one station to step up and offer music more than just 1 day.
KOST in Los Angeles has ALREADY started playing Christmas music.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Got this delivered on Wednesday. View attachment 65770

Easily some of the best Christmas music ever recorded. You will enjoy that very much William!

If I had to pick two sets of Christmas music to take to a desert island (and if you saw the size of my collection, you'd forgive me TWO selections rather than just one), I'd take that Bing collection I linked-to several posts back and the complete Carpenters Christmas music release.

Ron1973

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
A station in Chicago started Nov. 1st.
One of our local stations normally starts then, but this year they opted for Nov. 14th as well. They're good for "on the go" listening in the car, but it's not something I'd want to listen to 24/7 because it's so dang repetitive.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Easily some of the best Christmas music ever recorded. You will enjoy that very much William!

If I had to pick two sets of Christmas music to take to a desert island (and if you saw the size of my collection, you'd forgive me TWO selections rather than just one), I'd take that Bing collection I linked-to several posts back and the complete Carpenters Christmas music release.
I ordered a copy of that Bing collection. I already have a few of his Christmas CDs but in checking titles found at least 1/3 of that set I don't have. I really like Bing, especially his Christmas material, so... It should arrive sometime in the next few days.

I'd select one of my Cambridge Singers albums for a 2nd desert island choice. But it'd be a very difficult choice as I easily have a dozen or so Christmas albums I really, really, like.

Singing in my Church's Christmas program really puts a crimp in my Christmas Music listening. I tend to do most of it in the car (my wife doesn't care for the "classical" or rock titles I listen to) but in the month leading up to the program I exclusively listen to that music so I'll know it when performance day arrives (which was last night, this afternoon, and tomorrow afternoon). We have a really good selection of music this year (7 excellent songs) but just those 7 for over a month... Monday morning will bring a full slate of "regulars" for the drive to/from work. I'm ready!

Ron1973

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Here's the cover art and track listing for Bing At Christmas. Releasing on Nov. 22. View attachment 64897
I'm listening to it as we speak. I thoroughly enjoyed the work they did with Elvis Presley's music, so I decided to give it a try. Not too bad. I don't think it's quite up to par sound quality wise with "newer" artists like Elvis and Roy Orbison. The earlier Bing material sounds a bit out of place with the updated background.

Karen is hands down my favorite female performer. She had such a beautiful voice.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks