What's new

Christmas album reissues (1 Viewer)

noel aguirre

Premium
Real Name
noel
Noel:

Is this the album? If so, it's currently on sale at Real Gone Music.
I'm told that this Real Gone Music CD is the exact same CD that Steve and Eydie released in 2002 through their record company GL Music.

STEVE LAWRENCE & EYDIE GORME: That Holiday Feeling! CD

And few albums impart that holiday feeling as successfully and heartwarmingly as this 1964 classic! You get solo Steve (“The Christmas Song,” “Let Me Be the First to Wish You Merry Christmas”),solo Eydie (“White Christmas,” “What Are You Doing New Years Eve”) and the duo’s trademark duet renditions (e.g. “Baby It’s Cold Outside”) of eight more holiday favorites, plus two bonus tracks, Steve’s jolly version of “That Ol’ Christmas Spirit” and Steve and Eydie’s buoyant take on “Happy Holiday.” It’s a happy holiday indeed with Steve and Eydie on the stereo!

Yes! That’s the one- which I have. Not sure if that’s the original cover and the sound to me is lacking- rather flat/ doesn’t have that full stereo I remember - maybe needs a remastering?
But it’s a fantastic CD with an amazing song selection especially Hurry Home for Christmas ( immortalized by Will Ferrell as Robert Goulet on SNL). Sleigh Ride is another great one too!

Rodney

Premium
I love Christmas albums!!

What are your top 5 or top 10 favorites or essentials?
That's a tough one to answer, but I'll try. As you look at these, remember my original post, and note that most of these albums have a HUGE personal nostalgic factor:
  1. Christmas Moods - 101 Strings
  2. Christmas is A-Comin' - Jack Halloran
  3. Music to Trim your Tree by - Various Artists
  4. Greatest Christmas Songs - Julie Andrews
  5. Home for the Holidays - Perry Como
  6. Music of Christmas - Percy Faith
  7. The Jack Jones Christmas Album
  8. The Voice of Christmas: The Complete Decca Songbook - Bing Crosby
  9. Have Yourself a Swingin' Little Christmas - Various Artists
  10. Christmas from Hawaii - The Surfers
These two are a bit of a cheat as they are a set of albums, so I'm listing them separately, but I dig 'em the most!
  • The Goodyear Great Songs of Christmas Albums
  • The Firestone Presents Your Favorite Christmas Music Albums
So, I don't like that I didn't get in the Mills Brothers, Mantovani, Ed Ames, Robert Goulet, Glen Campbell, Dean Martin, Frank Sinatra, Merv Griffin, The Randolph Singers, The Carpenters, Eddy Arnold, Doris Day, and a bunch of the sisters acts: The Lennon Sisters, The Andrews Sisters, The Fontaine Sisters. And I know I am forgetting a lot more albums, but hopefully I was able to get a taste of them with the Various Artists albums listed above.

Speaking of the Fontaine Sisters, I got on a song of theirs with Perry Como last year, playing "The Kissing Bridge" over and over again. What a catchy song that I don't ever recall hearing before.

Ohhh, I forgot the Charlie Brown Christmas Album. This was too hard!

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
I'm just jumping right in this thread...eventually I'll get caught up on the 200+ previous posts! Since I see A LOT of the albums I grew up listening to thanks to my dad, I thought I'd share this. This Fred Waring album is one of my all-time favorite Christmas albums. My dad used the cover as inspiration for this painting he did that hung in our living room as long as I can remember. After he passed away, my niece (who loved the painting) got the painting and the original album for her room. I ended up finding another copy last year right before Christmas and that made ME very happy!
12038062_10153360873423591_3838841616184081260_n.jpg
12039198_10153360873398591_8454963340168484349_n.jpg

Likecats

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
William
My favorite albums Christmas with Conniff, Percy Faith"Christmas Is", and The Music of Christmas, Holiday Sing Along with Mitch, Rudolph the red nosed reindeer 1964 soundtrack album, Andre Kostalanetz"Wishing you a Merry Christmas", Both Chipmunks albums, John Denver and the Muppets"A Christmas Together", and many more.

Rodney

Premium
Eric, thanks for sharing the great story and those wonderful pictures! That's what this thread is all about, the music we listened to growing up, that evokes Christmas to us the most.

William, great choices! John Denver, the Muppets, the Chipmunks! Nice blend of 60's to 70's there.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
That's a tough one to answer, but I'll try. As you look at these, remember my original post, and note that most of these albums have a HUGE personal nostalgic factor:
  1. Christmas Moods - 101 Strings
  2. Christmas is A-Comin' - Jack Halloran
  3. Music to Trim your Tree by - Various Artists
  4. Greatest Christmas Songs - Julie Andrews
  5. Home for the Holidays - Perry Como
  6. Music of Christmas - Percy Faith
  7. The Jack Jones Christmas Album
  8. The Voice of Christmas: The Complete Decca Songbook - Bing Crosby
  9. Have Yourself a Swingin' Little Christmas - Various Artists
  10. Christmas from Hawaii - The Surfers
These two are a bit of a cheat as they are a set of albums, so I'm listing them separately, but I dig 'em the most!
  • The Goodyear Great Songs of Christmas Albums
  • The Firestone Presents Your Favorite Christmas Music Albums
So, I don't like that I didn't get in the Mills Brothers, Mantovani, Ed Ames, Robert Goulet, Glen Campbell, Dean Martin, Frank Sinatra, Merv Griffin, The Randolph Singers, The Carpenters, Eddy Arnold, Doris Day, and a bunch of the sisters acts: The Lennon Sisters, The Andrews Sisters, The Fontaine Sisters. And I know I am forgetting a lot more albums, but hopefully I was able to get a taste of them with the Various Artists albums listed above.

Speaking of the Fontaine Sisters, I got on a song of theirs with Perry Como last year, playing "The Kissing Bridge" over and over again. What a catchy song that I don't ever recall hearing before.

Ohhh, I forgot the Charlie Brown Christmas Album. This was too hard!

I could listen to the Charlie Brown one all year long. I try to save it for holidays though.

I have a Lou Rawls album that I really like.

Most of my collection of holiday albums came from my mom when she passed away. She loved Christmas.
Anything by frank and bing crosby is great.
My wife has one of dean martins collections that is really good.
Mancini has a good Christmas collection too.
I’ll have to look up the titles and post them.
I’m probably forgetting many.
I enjoy some of The Beach Boys Christmas albums too.

I wish the Wayne Newton Christmas album was in better shape. I admit I like that one. as he was in a bond film helps

davidmatychuk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Matychuk

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
I love Christmas albums!!

What are your top 5 or top 10 favorites or essentials?
I lean towards classical choral music but also like all types of material. Here are some favorites:

OK... that's more than 10 and I've left off several I listen to every year. A few I just can't recall the name of - compilation type things and more obscure choral stuff - I may look those up and add them when I get home.

MartinP.

Screenwriter
Real Name
Martin
I also have that Steve & Eydie album recently mentioned which I got from Collector's Choice Music a few years ago.

I could not possibly list only ten Christmas Albums that were my favorites! I currently have over 700 Christmas music CD's! All kinds of artists. All kinds of albums with music from specific instruments including ones like the harpsichord or ragtime piano. Some with odd instruments like rubber bands or Woody Phillips power tools Christmas album. One album I have is all songs using animal sounds. It's quite extraordinary. THis year I'm adding an album of Christmas music played on the theremin!

I think that if I did have to make a top list, though, that this would be on it:

Rodney

Premium
Were the six mentioned above, Real Gone Music's Christmas selection for 2019?
James
James, the six I posted indeed are Real Gone Music's Christmas releases for this year:

November 8, 2019
Jim Reeves: 12 Songs of Christmas CD
Chet Atkins: The Complete RCA Victor & Columbia Christmas Recordings (2CD-Set)
Eugene Ormandy & The Philadelphia Orchestra: The Complete Columbia Christmas Albums CD

November 15, 2019
The Great Songs of Christmas CD
Leroy Anderson: The Complete Christmas Collection (2-CD Set)
Stanley Black and His Orchestra: Christmas Holiday for Romance CD

Mike Frezon

Premium
James, the six I posted indeed are Real Gone Music's Christmas releases for this year:

November 8, 2019
Eugene Ormandy & The Philadelphia Orchestra: The Complete Columbia Christmas Albums CD

November 15, 2019

I ordered Atkins, Anderson, Black and the "Great Songs" disc. :thumbsup:

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Not really a reissue, but Pentatonix just released a Christmas Greatest Hits album with 4 new songs. This is their 4th Christmas album.

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)

November 8, 2019

November 15, 2019
I don't have a need for Jim's release as I have the Bear Family 16 CD set. However, there is a company who has overdubbed some of his songs, including several Christmas songs. You can hear them here:

Rodney

Premium
I don't have a need for Jim's release as I have the Bear Family 16 CD set. However, there is a company who has overdubbed some of his songs, including several Christmas songs.
What I am excited about is that Real Gone Music is going to the expense of having Vic Anesini at Sony's Battery Studios remaster this CD. This should sound great! Plus, I unfortunately do not have the Bear Family set. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors