What's new

Chris Tucker won't do Rush Hour 3 (1 Viewer)

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
I only like Damon Wayans. I especially liked him when he used to do standup. If you're talking Shawn and Marlon or any of the younger Wayans boys, they do nothing for me as comedians or comedic actors. And yes, I saw White Chicks.

Tucker, on the other hand, is funny. He was funny as a standup, and he has learned to be funny in movies. Would most of the audience know if he were replaced? You know, I think many would.

DavidPla

Senior HTF Member
I know technically a "Rush Hour 3" can be made without Chris Tucker (hey, it's Hollywood) but should it? That would be like making a "Leathal Weapon" without Mel Gibson or Danny Glover. A "48 Hrs." without Eddie Murphy or Nick Nolte. The glue that held those first two films together weere Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker. Replace one of them and the franchise is shot, IMO.

Jason Walstrom

Supporting Actor
He was great in Jackie Brown. I hated him and still do in the 5th Element. I thought he was funny in rush hour and in money talks.

Brett_B

Supporting Actor

When I first saw The Fifth Element I didn't care for the movie especially Tucker's character, but now I bust out laughing at his performance.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Okay, I have a problem with the whole Tucker/Washington comparison. First off, I couldn't care less about box office draw or what a film took in, that doesn't matter to me.

And second, what DOES matter is that Denzel can act his ass off! Chris Tucker is funny, no doubt about it, but he simply does not deserve 20 million per film, Denzel on the other hand most certaintly does.

I'm not going to get into a long thing about this, I just wanted to say my piece.

That said, it really sucks that RH3 is a no go, I loved the first two. :frowning:

Pete-D

Screenwriter
If the actor being in the film helps it generate $20 million or more in box office reciepts then I would say he probably deserves the money.

I doubt for instance Vanilla Sky or Collateral would have earned $100 million w/o Tom Cruise, not to mention DVD sales and worldwide box office.

Still Tucker is too full of himself here. He hasn't done enough big movies to think he can have all that leverage.

David Rogers

Supporting Actor
Actually the Own Wilson suggestion is brilliant. Have him come into portray a rookie cop, and he's assigned to Jackie because Tucker's character is off at a conference of California Law Enforcement Officials or something.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
It's that voice that annoys me. I say find someone else that can do what he would have done in the movie, act like an idiot and yell a lot.

DavidPla

Senior HTF Member

Annoying or not, the "Rush Hour" movies owe HALF their success to Tucker. Replace him and the franchise will never be where they COULD be.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks