Chris thanks for hosting Wolfenstein tonight

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by CaptDS9E, May 9, 2003.

1. CaptDS9E

CaptDS9E Cinematographer

You have a excellent connection. Mine was pretty good tonight also but i didnt test 16 people. I know all of us appreciate it. 3 hours of non stop wolfenstein. Good teams on both sides. This is what live is all about

capt

2. Chris Flynn

Chris Flynn Second Unit

Joey, no thanks necessary. You guys are the best to play stuff on Xbox Live with, and I always have a fantastic time. Whenever I'm home, and I can host, you know I'll host a server for you guys.

I want to apologize for two things tonight:

1. Not playing for about 75% of the time. I had some phone calls, and familial stuff going on, but I didn't want to cut you guys off, so I went AFC (as opposed to AFK) for a good portion of tonight.

2. Cutting the server off so abruptly at 12:30AM. I needed to use my connections, and I didn't want to lag you guys out.

I lost track of who was joining later on at night. Some people joined, and I had noclue who they were, because I thought I had the game set to Private. But anyways, Im glad you all had a good time. I'll host again tomorrow night if you want. My friend will be over, and he'll probably want to check it out.

3. David Scott

David Scott Stunt Coordinator

Had fun playing the beach invasion while it lasted and then was lucky and found another fast server, playing the trench map (8 hours straight, so it had to be fun [​IMG] ). Chris, thanks again for hosting the game...

4. CaptDS9E

CaptDS9E Cinematographer

I got off around 12. After 3 1/2 hours of playing bliss on your connection who would complain about anything?:) Hopefully see you on tonight. Im read for more Air Strike calls

capt

5. Graeme Clark

Graeme Clark Cinematographer

I've got the game for the weekend, so hopefully I can join up with some of you guys tonight. I joined a few random servers last night and got nothing but lag, so I hope that doesn't happen as much tonight.

6. Bryan_ZZ

Bryan_ZZ Stunt Coordinator

Another great night of RTCW teamwork! The Axis soldiers really had some great communication going. Thanks again for hosting a great night of games Chris!

Audie Murphy

Duck! I'm calling in an airstrike on this thread!!
    [​IMG]

7. CaptDS9E

CaptDS9E Cinematographer

The allies had a fun time as well. We thought it was funny that all the Axis used were Lt's to call in airstrikes during the hanger level. So we all changed to Lt as well. the 10 airstrikes at once was something to behold, it even made the game lag. My favorite quote of the night after another 4 airstrikes or so

"Dont those planes ever run out of gas?"

capt

8. James St

James St Supporting Actor

9. Joel Hurley

Joel Hurley Stunt Coordinator

-I have to agree, those Air Strikes were an absolute slaughter, and back to back ones by both teams [​IMG] I loved hearing everyone's reactions!
    -Thanks Chris, last night was the best time I've had on Live!
    -And playing with everone was great, made it all the more enjoyable that we had HTF in common and everyone worked together so well.
    -O.K., gotta go visit MOM, hopefully I'll see ya online tonight!
    -JTello, A.K.A. Dr Fragenstein

10. Dave Falasco

Dave Falasco Screenwriter

11. Mario_Y

Mario_Y Stunt Coordinator

This may be a dumb question, but you host a dedictated server, just to help other people use your connection (and you subsequently, can't play), right? I tried to do it yesterday, and when I quit the match, I froze up (Yikes!!)

12. James St

James St Supporting Actor

I get occasional lock ups as well. Seems to happen the most when navigating through the menus too fast. I'll usually wait a second or two before moving to another screen.