What's new

Chris Rock show season 1 and 2 announced (1 Viewer)

Steve_Z

Stunt Coordinator
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=5218

It's offical HBO and Warner Brother video has announced that season 1 and 2 of the Chris Rock show will be released on DVD.

I am shocked to hear this, I thought the Best Of's was all we were going to get. Before Chappelle's Show, this show was the show I couldn't wait to see everytime there was a new episode. And couldn't wait to see what Chris was going to do.

Of course the big question, are all of the musical guests going to be included? I hope so, especially the Prince, Keilis, and Lucy Pearl episodes.

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
I'm glad to hear this as I never expected anything more than the "best of" compilations, which were well done. But this comes at an odd time for me as I have just finished archiving my original episodes onto DVD. If only I'd waited. LOL.

Anyone want to speculate as to which, if any, musical performances will be missing from this set ? Although my favorite parts of this show were the interviews and the skits with Wanda Sykes. She ROCKS ! No pun intended.

Steve_Z

Stunt Coordinator
Interesting question would be episode 1 with Prince (at the time, the Artist formally known as Prince) as the musical guest. Prince had a big fallen out with the company that owns HBO, Time Warner.

He might not allow his music to be included, out of spite.

Steve_Z

Stunt Coordinator
While I am glad this show is coming to DVD. I have all of Chris's HBO specials on DVD. I like Chris Rock HBO specials more than the Chris Rock show and any of his movies.

I think Chris is at his best when he is doing basic standup. Especially Bring The Pain.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I'd say that it'll be a crapshoot as to which musical acts are in or out of the DVDs. There were some big names that I was surprised to see on the Chappelle's Show DVDs so I think it's tough to guess what is affordable or not affordable or what kind of deal was originally worked out, etc.

Jeff#

Screenwriter
The comedy is what's most important with The Chris Rock Show. I don't like modern R & B nor am I a fan of hip hop or rap.

Prince rocks, however, and I would like to see his performance. The first show of any series needs to be in complete form anyway. :)

I will definitely buy these sets, but not Rock's "Everyone Hates Chris" sitcom -- still airing on UPN.

Steve_Z

Stunt Coordinator
One big difference between Chappelle's Show and the Chris Rock show, is the musical guests on the Chris Rock show appear with Chris during the good nights.

I think HBO is going to have to have the musical guests, because it would look silly, watching the goodnights with someone who's preformance was edited out.

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
If a musical guest is missing from the performance then you'll likely see them edited out of the part of the closing credits where they appear with Chris. Or a new set of credits will be used to replace it for those episodes. The only artists that I would definitely want to see included are Chaka Khan & Salt n Pepa. Even Prince's number was not one of his best. He was still very much in his slump at the time.

Jeff#

Screenwriter
The first of Prince's two songs on a February 2006 SNL (hosted by Steve Martin) was proof that he can still rock the house down. :emoji_thumbsup: 25 years ago in February 1981 he first appeared on SNL as a "New Talent" musical guest.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks