What's new

Chris Penn dies (1 Viewer)

BrettGallman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett
Wow. I just watched "Best of the Best" the other day for the first time since I was a kid, and I had forgotten he was in it. And the only reason I recognized him was because of his role in "Reservoir Dogs." Very sad news indeed.

Brandon_T

Screenwriter
That is sad indeed. Hey Greg, are you from the Flint area? That link is to my home town news station, just found it odd since it says you are in Texas.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
I was just watching his very funny interviews on the Reservoir Dogs SE the other day.....damn, I liked him.

I wonder how it happened, odd that the family is asking the "media" for such privacy (aside from the obvious reasons that is) this early into the death before how he actually died has even been revealed....odd indeed.

Hans M.

Stunt Coordinator
Aw, man! Too young. What a shock. I will miss seeing him in movies. I love Rumble Fish-- probably my fave film. I also liked him in Reservoir Dogs and Short Cuts. A fine actor.

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
I liked him too - he had a likeable presence even when playing villains. :frowning:

BrentJ

Second Unit
RIP. Goes to show you. You just never know when its going to be your time to go. Sad news.:frowning:

Aaron Cooke

Second Unit
surprised no one has mentioned true romance yet. When I think of chris penn his line "i'll call you a hearse" from that movie is the first thing that pops into my head.

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
Agreed. His role in True Romance was some of his best work. Chris Penn and Tom Sizemore were great in that movie.

Jefferson Morris

Supporting Actor
A sad, untimely passing.

He chewed up Tarantino's dialogue with the best of them ("He's just gonna DECIDE...outta tha fuckin' BLUE...to rip us off?!").

I always thought it was a pity that Tarantino didn't work with him again. To this day I wish QT had cast Penn instead of himself as Jules' put-upon friend Jimmy in Pulp Fiction. QT's performance is the only blemish on that masterpiece.

Chris will be missed.

--Jefferson Morris

Christopher B

Stunt Coordinator
Nice Guy Eddie: The chick got tired of him beatin' her so one night she walks in the guys bedroom and super glues his d*ck to his belly. Ambulance came and had to cut the pr*ck loose.
Mr. Pink: That ain't all that bad.
Nice Guy Eddie: Oh yeah? How would you feel if every time you had to take a piss you had to do a hand stand?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks