Chris Isaak Show

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kathleen*M*, Jul 2, 2002.

1. Kathleen*M*

Kathleen*M* Extra

Has anyone heard if Showtime is planning on releasing The Chris Isaak show? I know that they've released Queer as Folk on DVD. I think the the Chris Isaak show would sell well to his music fans and to fans of the show.

~Kathleen

2. John Berggren

John Berggren Producer

I know Showtime made a deal with VH1 for rerun rights on this, so I'm thinking it'll have to wait until after the first VH1 run.

3. PienSavaca

PienSavaca Stunt Coordinator

Unfortunately, this show has "cover footage" shot and each episode runs about 44 mins. It is not racy like Sopranos, Sex and the City or Queer as Folk, so it will easily sell in syndication.

Odd that the viacom-owned show airs on viacom-owned showtime and then on viacom-owned vh1.

I'd gladly give my cash over for a release on dvd from viacom-owned paramount.

4. John Berggren

John Berggren Producer

I was kinda hoping it'd be a bit more racy, or at least more compelling. I wanted to like it, but didn't, I found the unattractive sidekick annoying, and felt he got a huge amount of the storyline. If it made it to 2 seasons, maybe it's time to give the show a second chance. I REALLY do like Chris, so it can't hurt.