Chris Cunningham and art on dvd?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kristoffer, Dec 20, 2002.

1. Kristoffer

Kristoffer Second Unit

Does anybody know if Chris Cunningham artworks is availble on dvd. For instances all is full of love by bjoerk and Widowlicker by Aphex Twin?
    Also is there any orther dvds with art on them, like pictures in a slide show ?
    I went to the Tate museum of London and they had these cool pictures morphing in to each other on a Sony Widescreen running from a dvd...Do you know of any other examples of this?
    Like the louvre or something?
    Regards Kris

2. DannyS

DannyS Second Unit

Yup! I have All is full of love on DVD and I have Window licker on CD-ROM video.

All is full of love was available on DVD in the US, nd the Window licker video should be available too.

3. Sam Hatch

Sam Hatch Stunt Coordinator

The video he did for Portishead is also included on their 'PNYC Live at Roseland' DVD.

4. Paul_D

Paul_D Cinematographer

I think his amazing Leftfield - Afrika Shox video is on the Vanilla Sky DVD. Stunning.
    Also, theres a CD-Rom version of his video for Squarepusher - Come On My Selector (also an absolutely brilliant video) available on the Squarepusher CD Big Loada.

5. Charles de Lauzirika

Insider

Several weeks back, there was a Chris Cunningham retrospective at ResFest here in L.A. They screened most of Chris' work complete with interviews and behind-the-scenes footage between each piece. I know ResFest puts together DVD compilations of some of their programs. Hopefully they'll produce a Cunningham Collection soon.

I need to see "Flex" a few more times. Truly a disturbing/mesmerizing piece of work.