What's new

Chris Botti on dvd-audio or sacd? (1 Viewer)

Jeff Adams

Screenwriter
Has anyone watched the free concert by Chris Botti on DirecTv? It was awesome! I have never heard of him before as I am pretty new to jazz music. But I loved it! Does he have any titles on sacd or dvd audio? Thanks.

Michael_T

Second Unit
His newest release is on Sony SACD.

I haven't heard the disc, but it is available in a MCH/Stereo SACD.

Enjoy.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Jeff, Botti's Night Sessions album came out recently on a multi-channel SACD from Sony. Like all multi-channel SACDs, the disc also has a stereo track. It is smooth jazz. Botti doesn't display technical proficiency on the album, but the music is very enjoyable, and his tone is to die for (coming from a former trumpet player). I actually bought the CD first for only $10 because I wasn't sure if I would like the music. I bought the SACD within a week of getting the CD. I like the album so much that I dubbed the CD to a CD-R to have a copy in my office and in the car. If you get an SACD player, grab the Botti SACD.

I wish I had DirecTV so I could see his concert. Maybe it will be released on DVD. I am looking to pick up some of his earlier albums on CD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks