Chris Botti on dvd-audio or sacd?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeff Adams, Feb 5, 2002.

1. Jeff Adams

Jeff Adams Screenwriter

Has anyone watched the free concert by Chris Botti on DirecTv? It was awesome! I have never heard of him before as I am pretty new to jazz music. But I loved it! Does he have any titles on sacd or dvd audio? Thanks.

2. Michael_T

Michael_T Second Unit

His newest release is on Sony SACD.

I haven't heard the disc, but it is available in a MCH/Stereo SACD.

Enjoy.

3. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Jeff, Botti's Night Sessions album came out recently on a multi-channel SACD from Sony. Like all multi-channel SACDs, the disc also has a stereo track. It is smooth jazz. Botti doesn't display technical proficiency on the album, but the music is very enjoyable, and his tone is to die for (coming from a former trumpet player). I actually bought the CD first for only $10 because I wasn't sure if I would like the music. I bought the SACD within a week of getting the CD. I like the album so much that I dubbed the CD to a CD-R to have a copy in my office and in the car. If you get an SACD player, grab the Botti SACD.

I wish I had DirecTV so I could see his concert. Maybe it will be released on DVD. I am looking to pick up some of his earlier albums on CD.

4. Lee Scoggins

Lee Scoggins Producer

Lee
    I bought this SACD recently and really enjoy it. A good recording but very good music.

Highly recommended!

Lee