What's new

Choosing Subwoofers... (1 Viewer)

MikeGee

Second Unit
Hey guys...

Just your opinions needed.

I am debating..

i bought 2 12" Pioneer TS-301R subwoofers that are 150rms each. 4ohm impedance.
http://www.cardomain.com/item/PIOTSW301R

However i'm able to return them to buy a single 12" Infinity Perfect 12.1 sub for the same price that comes with an enclosure. the Infinity is 350RMS alone. 4ohms impedance

My amp is a Pioneer GM-7100m which has the following specs:
• 250 Watts x 1, at 4 ohms

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Of the 2, I'd go with the Infinity as well. It has been reviewed as a good sub. The low end Pioneers are no better than what you would get at Wal-Mart.

Just to give you other options, check out Car Audio Junkyard dot Com (you can figure out the address from that), go to the forums and look for the section on BE Stereo. They are having a blow-out sale of scratch and dent TC-Sounds subs. You can get a TC2+ 12" with dual 4 ohm coils that will crush the Infinity. If you aren't familar with TC Sounds check out their site as well as Soundsplinter (TC Sounds is their OEM). A TC2+ will be similar to the Soundsplinter RL-i series and the TC-1000.

-Robert

MikeGee

Second Unit
I've actually the pioneer subs i have in a car and to me they sound pretty good. I'm not looking for a crazy competition sound, its a very budget setup.

The Pioneers were 180$ (for 2) Canadian, and the single 12" Infinity is 199$ canadian with a enclosure.

Basically a single sub will run at about 250rms and a dual setup would run around 350rms.. thats the main reason i was leaning towards a dual sub setup.

Also i cannot order online, due to me living in Canada the amount i usually end up paying in shipping makes it the same thing as going to a store.

MikeGee

Second Unit
Ok.. So i went and returned my 2 pioneers and bought a single 12" Infinity Perfect 12.1

I'm just debating about an enclosure size and whether i should get a ported box or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks