What's new

Choosing speakers (1 Viewer)

James Slade

Second Unit
I recently sold all of my gear because I needed the money.
I am however already thinking about when I can afford to get back into things. My speakers were all paradigm studio, 100's up front. I thought these speakers were great and was sad to see them go, but I did sometimes think about upgrading. In maybe two years I will buy a new system, I would like to buy that I hopefully will never feel the need to upgrade. I will hopefully buy used. Looking for suggestions, no need to address the sub issue I just coudn't part with my Tempest tube, although I will likely build another with Adire's new driver. Any ideas would be great, please be model specific, and it doesn't have to be main steam, price limit say twice the current price of 100's in your area.

Thanks, I will audition based on these comments

Jan H

Senior HTF Member
James,

If you can really wait 2 years, then think big and save for B&W Nautilus 802's or 801's, the Revel Ultima line, VMPS 40's, or some other out-of-this world system that you have only dreamt of owning. If, like me, you need something RIGHT NOW!!, you might try the terrific new Polk LSi line. They are an amazing speaker line for the money. I own the Polk LSi25's, the LSiC, and the awesome LSiFX speakers. Paid $2700 for all of them, and haven't had a moment of remorse. I've also heard great things about the 15's and the 9's. Happy listening, and if you really can hold out for 2 years, you're a healthier man than I. Regards, Jan.

Ches Campbell

Stunt Coordinator
I do not know prices, but I am very fond of M&K speakers. They just have such a realistic awesome sound. I also LOVE Definitive Tech, B&W, and Energy. If you happen to stumble upon some money in the next two years, I would recommend Meridian. They are all active speakers with built in DACs and all kinds of crap and sound like a million bucks. They are my ultimate dream speaker. Dynaudio rocks too. Just go listen to every speaker possible.
Later

Brandon Blair

Stunt Coordinator
If you want to start early, i'm selling my B&W Naululis HTM-1 Center channel speaker. Its right at a year old in mint condition, Dark Cherry with all original boxes, maunuals, and packaging. It retails for $2000, i'm selling for $1400 plus S&H. Its a great speaker and would defenitely never need to be upgraded. Drop me an email if by any chance your interested. [email protected]

James Slade

Second Unit
I don't want to wait 2 years, but I have too, money is tight. I will check out B&W for sure. Thought some people might suggest Thiel, Vandies, Legacy maybe.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks