** Choosing a Receiver for Klipsch Reference Speakers w/surround

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Joseph_March, Jan 24, 2004.

1. Joseph_March

Joseph_March Extra

Nov 17, 2003

I am in the process og buying the Klipsch Reference Speaker System: RF-7, RC-7 and the (2)RS-7 surrounds ...

Which receiver would be best fit for about $1500 or below ??? & which receivers should i stay away from ??

All replies are greatly encouraged !!! Thanks ...

... Joe
  2. Nathan_R

Nathan_R Supporting Actor

Dec 4, 2000

For what it's worth, I have a Klipsch Rx-35 system with an Integra 9.1. Have you checked out the Integra DTR-7.x series? That should be in your range, if I'm not mistaken.
  3. Lee-M

Lee-M Stunt Coordinator

Jan 2, 2003
    Many Reference owners swear by Denon or Harman Kardon, when it comes to receivers. Rotel is a little more refined, but closer to the top end of your budget.

If at all possible, I would recommend hanging tough and putting together more funds for separates. All of Klipsch's flagship speakers LOVE high quality amplification, the kind you can only get with a separate HT Processor and Amplifier.

The terrific thing about your Reference 7's is that they are way ahead up the upgrade curve; by this, I mean that you can get into some really nice, higher-end components, and your Klipsch speakers will be prepared to blow you away with each upgrade.

I have owned a pair of Fortes for 15 years, and they are still the last thing I would let go when it comes to upgrading...

As for brands to stay away from, I have read many negative (but some positive) comments about a YamahaKlipsch combo... many feel that there is a harshness, or shrill quality that Klipsch brings out of the Yammie units.

Best of luck!