What's new

** Choosing a Receiver for Klipsch Reference Speakers w/surround (1 Viewer)

Hello Again .....

I am in the process og buying the Klipsch Reference Speaker System: RF-7, RC-7 and the (2)RS-7 surrounds ...

Which receiver would be best fit for about $1500 or below ??? & which receivers should i stay away from ??

All replies are greatly encouraged !!! Thanks ...

... Joe

Nathan_R

Supporting Actor
I'm jealous of your speakers.

For what it's worth, I have a Klipsch Rx-35 system with an Integra 9.1. Have you checked out the Integra DTR-7.x series? That should be in your range, if I'm not mistaken.

Lee-M

Stunt Coordinator
Many Reference owners swear by Denon or Harman Kardon, when it comes to receivers. Rotel is a little more refined, but closer to the top end of your budget.

If at all possible, I would recommend hanging tough and putting together more funds for separates. All of Klipsch's flagship speakers LOVE high quality amplification, the kind you can only get with a separate HT Processor and Amplifier.

The terrific thing about your Reference 7's is that they are way ahead up the upgrade curve; by this, I mean that you can get into some really nice, higher-end components, and your Klipsch speakers will be prepared to blow you away with each upgrade.

I have owned a pair of Fortes for 15 years, and they are still the last thing I would let go when it comes to upgrading...

As for brands to stay away from, I have read many negative (but some positive) comments about a YamahaKlipsch combo... many feel that there is a harshness, or shrill quality that Klipsch brings out of the Yammie units.

Best of luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks