What's new

Choose one of these three speakers! (1 Viewer)

Martin Rendall

Screenwriter
For music:

Paradigm Monitor 90P

DefTech ProTower 400

DefTech BP 2006TL

Will be connected to Yamaha RX-V1000.

Thanks,

Martin.

Thomas_Berg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
Paradigms definately. DefTechs are great for movies b/c they're better at 'scattering' the sound, which makes for a better movie experience. the Paradigms are much more musical than either of the other two...listen and you'll know what i mean.

David Judah

Screenwriter
It really depends on what kind of presentation you prefer.

Generally speaking the Yamaha receiver is going to be a bit more foward, so for my tastes one of the Def Techs, a more laid back speaker than the Paradigms, would be to my liking.

Of course, demoing each of them with that receiver or one similar and deciding which kind of presentation you prefer would be a good way to go.

Alot will depend on the room too and where you can place the speakers. One nice thing about bipolars is their wide soundstage. If they can be placed out into the room a bit more, away from the back wall, you will get the greatest benefit with the 2006s. If that is not an option then maybe the Pro Towers would be better.

And that is only the tip of the iceberg--lots of things to consider. Good luck.

DJ

Ariel

Stunt Coordinator
i haven't heard the monitor 90 but heard the deftechs. they are great for ht but for music, i prefer the other paradigm lines (floor standing monitor series).

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
I have Def Techs, and I would choose the Paradigm's *with* an external sub.

Or, forget about what you have there, and go for the Def Tech BP-30's *with* an external sub.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks