Choices , choices.

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Steve_Blazer, Dec 30, 2005.

1. Steve_Blazer

Steve_Blazer Stunt Coordinator

Nov 29, 2003
    A little advice from those that maybe already have one of these tvs please!

A local store has a deal on Mitsi TVs, both LCD and DLP - here are the options :

Choice 1 is a close out 52" DLP, no HDMI tho it has DVI in and does 480p/1080i(no 1080p)

Theyve cut 900 bucks off the price and still have a few in stock.

Chice 2 is a brand new Mitsi 62" LCD.

Choice 3 is a 52" Mitsi DLP, same price as the above, larger LCD.

The new model DLPs do 1080p and choices 2 and 3 have hdmi etc.
    LCD has hdmi, not sure if it does 1080p or not.

Help please!!

The cheap DLP (1300 cheaper than the other 2 options) looks like a kick-ass deal but I cant help wondering if the lack of HDMI and 1080p is going to bite me in a years time or so.

The salesman also said the mitsi lcd suffers from a slow response time ( he said the Sony was the only LCD worth buying) and hence the larger size for the same price compared to the DLP.

Can anyone help me figure out the best deal?
    They have a sale on where they pay the sales tax that ends tomorrow so time is at a premium.

I'm currently running a Mitsi HD rear projection and very happy with the picture quality but wanted to move to something thinner.

Thanks in advance.
  2. John S

John S Producer

Nov 4, 2003
    Make sure there is a return policy. A fair amount of people just cannot watch DLP displays period.

Decent deals though for sure.

As far as the thin catagory goes, Infocus is running some sweet deals on their ED and HD front projectors with free 76" screens. These are pull down so they are up and out of the way when not in use. I have found these setups to have maximum waf appeal if that is a factor for you.

The SP5000 gets high marks in living rooms and non-deicated HT rooms as far as having some lighting about.