What's new

Choice of wood for endcaps? OAK? (1 Viewer)

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
Thomas, does the design of that grille you used in the pictures allow you to sink it into the endcap at all?

Like could you route a track in the oak for that black bracket thing to fit into so the grille didn't stick out above the endcap so much.

ThomasW

Senior HTF Member
Dustin

If you wanted to flush mount the metal grill; it would be a simple matter of cutting a dado, (same way a driver is flush mounted), using the endcap center pivot point. Then make the cut out for the port flare

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
That's what I thought, but having never seen those grilles up close wanted to make sure there wasn't something in there design I can't see in the pictures that would prevent that from being done.

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
Thanks, Pete. I decided to go with the lam top, but that's useful info. Might one also use an adhesive with lots of "give", like silicone sealant, and just "spot" connect it?
Thomas, I just can't help it. :)

Pete Mazz

Supporting Actor
Yea Jack, that would probably work. If it didn't, it would be easy to fix, at least. If you try it, make sure you seal the top on both sides to keep it from cupping.

Pete

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks