What's new

Chitty SE? Outer Limits S2? Mr. Ed & Green Acres? COULD THIS BE THE MGM 2003 SLATE?!! (1 Viewer)

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter
Yes, GREEN ACRES was in color from the very first show.

PETTICOAT JUNCTION was in black and white for the first 2 years, but then switched to color. For those that don't know, GREEN ACRES was a spin off of PJ. They take place in the same town and there was a lot of characters that moved back and forth.

While PETTICOAT JUNCTION was rather subdued; GREEN ACRES has been described as surreal. It is also one of the funniest sitcoms ever. I can't recommend it highly enough; but the stay away from the terrible reunion film from 1990.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Lending credibility to the "evilpez4" and his list, I just sent news items to Gord for publication on TVShowsOnDVD.com. They feature release info and box art for the Sept. 2nd releases of SG-1 S4 and Outer Limits S2.

I have to go into work today and tomorrow (no holiday weekend for me! :frowning: ). But keep an eye out at TVShowsOnDVD for Gord to probably publish these news items later today (likely earlier rather than later, unless he's busy and I don't know about it). I have to leave right now, so I don't have time to also publish them here. But you'll like them...Enjoy!

George See

Second Unit
MGM releasing 80's movies with no word on Real Men that's just down right depressing. I got an email from them 2 years ago that said you'll prolly see it next year, that was last year and now it's this year....where is it? Ok that might not have made much sense to anyone but i think i can deal with that. Out of those announced i'm most looking forward to Fargo.

Paul_Nyman

Second Unit
Does MGM have the rights to Bergman's Fanny & Alexander? I was hoping to see this at the end of this year!

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
I hope that "Custer of the West" will be the Roadshow presentation complete with Overture, Intermission and playout music.

Being MGM, I won't hold my breath though, after seeing what happened to their other Cinerama western "The Hallejulah Trail"
The MGM "The Hallejulah Trail" DVD has the Overture, Intermission and Exit music, 5.1 sound but not the full Ultra Panavision 2.76:1 aspect ratio.

Since Anchor Bay had a decent widescreen picture on their DVD I would settle for the added 5.1 sound and roadshow music on the MGM DVD. The same for Krakatoa East of Java.

Alistair_M

Second Unit
Some details on Chitty Chitty Bang Bang from the play.com site.

http://www.playserver5.com/play247.a...2&title=124734

Most important: Screen Widescreen 2.20:1 Anamorphic !

Extras:

All features to be confirmed...
'Remembering Chitty Chitty Bang Bang': a new interview with Dick Van Dyke
'The Real Caractacus Potts': a vintage featurette about the real-life inventor
Vintage Dick Van Dyke interview
'The Potts Children' featurette: a behind the scenes day following the child stars
'Sherman Brothers Demo': a performance of the songs proposed for the film by Richard Sherman on piano
Sing along with 'Chitty Chitty Bang Bang'
Read-a-long feature
Photo gallery
Original theatrical trailer
French theatrical trailer
5 vintage TV spots

----

Hope there is a commentary too.
But its a definite buy for me.

Can't wait to hear of a gentle breeze on hushabye mountain....

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein

Regarding Chitty Chitty Bang Bang...

Has MGM announced an R1 release for this year?

Joe Caps

Senior HTF Member
MGM has the rights to some of the biggest spectacles ever made but none are scheduled for dvd -
Hawaii
Solomon and Sheba -they have on tape a restored version of Caesar and cleopatra which was then the most expensive british film up to that time. Geat movie and dynamite transfer but no DVD!!
And where is Man of Lan Mancha??

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Ron: not "officially", but you can pretty much count on it. It was on the same list as Green Acres S1, the one that started this thread. November 4th according to that.

Everything else on the list has come true so far, or pretty close to it anyway. I see no reason to doubt this.

But no, it's not come across as a press release or anything. I expect that in about 2 months...along with GA.

Brian PB

Supporting Actor
Does MGM have the rights to Bergman's Fanny & Alexander? I was hoping to see this at the end of this year!
MGM/UA does have the rights to Bergman's Fanny and Alexander. In email communication with them in April they said "We do not yet have a release date for Fanny and Alexander." It may depend upon how their 5 Bergman titles (Persona, Shame, The Passion of Anna, Hour of the Wolf, The Serpent's Egg) sell when they're released in November.

There is an R2 PAL release of Fanny and Alexander put out by Artificial Eye (5-hour cut on 2 discs).

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
Good news about Green Acres, but I wonder if they've decided against Mr. Ed for the time being. Perhaps it will be released a few months after?

Deepak Shenoy

Supporting Actor
Any official confirmation of the Bergman special editions ? I think some of the other November titles have been announced, but I haven't heard anything about the Bergman titles.

Also, does anyone know what the OAR is for these titles ? I know Persona is 1.33:1, but it would suck if any of the others is 1.66:1 (MGM doesn't do anamorphic transfers for 1.66:1).

-D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks