What's new

Chitty SE? Outer Limits S2? Mr. Ed & Green Acres? COULD THIS BE THE MGM 2003 SLATE?!! (1 Viewer)

Travis_W

Supporting Actor
Bulletproof Monk on a Friday (August 15)? I don't doubt it since Warner's been doing it alot lately. But I've never heard of MGM doing it.

The list does look good though.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
(in my Mr. Haney voice)

Looks like I'll be gettin' a Green Acres set in the
back of my truck, Mr. Douglas

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
I would love to replace my widescreen ld of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang with an OAR dvd. I already knew about the Billy Wilder stuff, although it's too bad we're not getting an SE of the Apartment.

Doug Bull

Advanced Member
Real Name
Doug Bull
I hope that "Custer of the West" will be the Roadshow presentation complete with Overture, Intermission and playout music.
Of course it must also be Widescreen Anamorphic with 5 track Dolby Stereo.

Being MGM, I won't hold my breath though, after seeing what happened to their other Cinerama western "The Hallejulah Trail"

Craig Beam

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CraB
I really hope this is true...I'd hate to be drooling uncontrollably in vain over those Bergman discs and the OUTER LIMITS season two set!

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
hee hee hee Green Acres is the place to be.... Eb, Arnold, and Eva Gabor. What more could you want? :D

Shame it's one of the last releases of the year.

Skoobooz

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jay
Has there been an official announcement for Gangs of New York yet (rather than leaked specs and some artwork)? Because maybe MGM is keeping their Raging Bull: Special Edition off their list so as to see when exactly Miramax is releasing GONY. Maybe...hopefully....

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Yes, GoNY is most definately and officially very-much-so announced. If you have "press credentials" (like I do as an assistant at TVShowsOnDVD) then you can't enter a Buena Vista system without seeing it and Chicago (and Frida) splashed all over the place! :D

Skoobooz

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jay
Well damn. Then I would have to wonder why MGM isn't releasing their Raging Bull: SE to coincide with that. Still, good to hear about the Fargo:SE.

James Reader

Screenwriter
I've got to wonder, being as the average "Joe" in the street would be hard pressed to name 3 directors ("Spielberg, er... Lucas? er... er.... dunno sorry") how does the tagline "By the director of..." affect sales?

Does anyone think that the sticker on the new look Frighteners DVD ("From the Director of the Lord of the Rings Trilogy") actually influenced sales to a measurable amount?

Greg_M

Screenwriter
Quote - "I would love to replace my widescreen ld of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang with an OAR dvd. I already knew about the Billy Wilder stuff, although it's too bad we're not getting an SE of the Apartment."

Why would anyone a Widescreen version of "Chity Chitty Bang Bang" this late in the game (Nov 03'). HD-DVD is just around the corner. MGM should have released this 4 years ago. Don't waste your money.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks