What's new

Chitty SE? Outer Limits S2? Mr. Ed & Green Acres? COULD THIS BE THE MGM 2003 SLATE?!! (1 Viewer)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I just found this in a post over at DVDFile's forum. This was from "evilpez4", who just joined "Apr 2003" and is from "halifax nova scotia canada".

He or she says that this info comes from a sales flyer given by an MGM sales rep. Here's the post:

LOTS of stuff in there that I know for a fact is true. The June/July dates are verifiable with posted info in MGM's sales art system. We knew that Stargate SG-1 season 4 was gonna be in September, thanks to a post from the production staff at the official site for that show. An MGM sales rep had written to someone verifying that Last American Virgin was on-the-way, and I knew about that and Valley Girl (which was verified in a DVDFile interview I posted about in the Valley Girl thread). Agent Cody Banks, The Howling SE, and Escape From New York SE are also pretty-well-known-about in these parts.

Conclusion: I have no reason to doubt the rest, so I'm sharing! :cool:

David Coleman

Supporting Actor
Sounds good but really wanted to see the following titles:

TO LIVE AND DIE IN LA:SE
RAINMAN:SE
ROBOCOP:SE

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Looks good, Dave! Some great titles in there.

The appearance of "Outer Limits" 2 will make a lot of folks around here happy, and I am especially looking forward to the long-awaited Fargo SE.

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
Man, what happened to the Robocop and Raging Bull SEs? Good thing I am gonna have to upgrade my player soon, looks like I will be getting a Malata, since something seems to be holding MGM up on these titles. Any word yet on Remo Williams AR? I still hope DVDFile was wrong.

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
Looks like MGM is releasing a lot of titles previously put out by Anchor Bay. I'm not sure if that's the complete list as there's no mention of the midnite movie or horror line. I'm most excited about The Outer Limits, Valley Girl & Persona.

Craig Robertson

Supporting Actor
Thanks, Dave, lot's of great titles there.
I'm certainly looking forward to a widscreen version of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.:)
Fargo, Valley Girl and The Sure Thing SE's would all be purchases by me as well.
Billy Wilder Collection in July will be an expensive "must buy"!

PatrickL

Deceased Member
I'll pick up Foxes and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang (if OAR) along the way, but the wallet is gonna open wide for those 5 Bergman special editions, all on the same day.

As it says in David's post this list is only of the highlights in the MGM schedule so there will be other titles not mentioned here yet.

Prentice Cotham

Supporting Actor
I hope that these classic 80s movies, esp Last American Virgin is in OAR with the original music.

Hopefully To Live and Die in LA SE is a title slated into one of the gaps there. We know it's coming, but my patience is having some difficulty holding out.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
That is a great lineup--an SE of Chitty (presumably WS)...and SEASON SETS OF GREEN ACRES!!! WOOO HOOO!!:D

ChuckDeLa

Senior HTF Member
I just saw this at the Bits. The Bergman bonanza has put a huge smile on my face. Also excited about Straight out of Brooklyn, Fargo SE, Escape from NY SE... and guilty pleasures The Sure Thing and Last American Virgin.

All that Bergman! Yes!!

Jefferson

Supporting Actor
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

WOW...um...I hope so...lots of good stuff on this list. I'll have to begin saving.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks