What's new

CHiPs: Season 3, Starting to get concerned... (1 Viewer)

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
I thought i had it on good authority several months back. That season 1 and 2 sold well enough, for this to continue being released on a annual basis. But, I am starting to get concerned that our friends at the WB have left Ponch & Jon in the dust. This would have to be announced very shortly to make the annual June release. I will keep my fingers crossed & I know plenty of others will aswell. Right ?

Ron68

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ron
I'm looking forward to more CHiPs as well. I really enjoyed Seasons 1 and 2. I even got my young nephews to watch the show, they loved what they saw. One of my friends borrowed my sets and ended up buying his own copies afterwards. Hopefully we hear something soon, I hope to one day complete the series.

Stephen Wight

Second Unit
Real Name
Stephen
There are copies of the first season of CHiPs,at my local Wal-Marts,for $18.88 each.Tempted to pick one up,but decided not to as I didn't know if the series would be completed,and I didn't want to add yet another series,to my collection,that's been abandoned after only a season or two has been released.I thought CHiPs would sell every bit as well as The Dukes Of Hazzard.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
It could also be that Warner Brothers hasn't gotten to it yet. Remember that studios always solicit their titles about two months in advance. I would say to be patient until the end of April. If no news is around by then, I would worry.

But, I would grab the first season. Even at $18.88, that's still a great price and the first season is one of the better seasons.

Dan*T

Supporting Actor
I have been seriously waiting for this, Season 3 would mark the halfway point. I have a contact at WB that I will follow up with & post my findings. Lets keep the fingers crossed. I want to get rid of my crappy VHS copies..

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Aryn, I don't want to, but Warner Brothers isn't exactly a dependable lot and I don't expect we'll see the series completed anytime soon.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
they may delay the season and then push more out when the movie comes out. There is a rumour of a movie starting Fez from that 70s Show.

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
I don't think it will help much but i bought Season 1 and season 2 of CHIPS today but at BORDERS on clearance since they are getting rid of DVDs in most stores... I doubt it helps much on sales since they won't be restocking the sale.

Also if you are a big fan of the music from the show FSM has released two volumes of the TV show score - you can look them up at www.ScreenArchives.com here are the links for the two releases.

Featuring music from composer Alan Silvestri

First VOL is for Season 2

CHIPS VOL. 1: SEASON TWO (1978-79) -- SCREEN ARCHIVES ENTERTAINMENT

Second Volume is for oddly enough Season 3

CHIPS VOL. 2: SEASON THREE (1979-80) -- SCREEN ARCHIVES ENTERTAINMENT

Duane Alford

Second Unit

Last I heard, it was just talk. It would make sense to get Season 3 out and if they do a movie, put out another season to coincide with the movie, and then another season to coincide with the movie release on DVD. I'm hoping they release something soon, I'm halfway through Season 2.

aaron_mn

Auditioning
Real Name
Aaron
When will we hear anything on CHiPs Season 3 coming to DVD? We won't be seeing it in early June like the last couple years that's for sure. It's been a long time since Season 2 was put out.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks