What's new

CHiPs Season 1 coming to DVD in May!!!! (1 Viewer)

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
@IN2TV they have a CHiPs episode "Flashback" which is the last one of S1. Jon and Ponch reminisce about how they met and how Ponch became a CHP officer. Edward James Olmos guest stars. I am not sure if there are anymore episodes there or not. But if you can't wait for the DVD set in may this might hold you over till then.

http://television.aol.com/in2tv

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
This falls under my 'it's about frickin' time' list. This year is looking to be a great year for 70s TV on DVD. Lots of first time releases. Maude, Mary Hartman, One Day At A Time, The Streets of San Francisco, and WKRP.

If we could get season 1 of Rhoda, Room 222, The Six Million Dollar Man, The Bionic Woman, and Love American Style I'd be a very happy camper.

Dan*T

Supporting Actor

Yes, I agree! IT"S ABOUT FRIGGIN TIME!!
At any rate, I'm very excited about CHIPS & WKRP mostly.
I will also pick up One Day At A Time.

Hopefully, WB will not abandone Chips after a few seasons. I want all Six of them!!

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
I think it will sell pretty well. dukes did! the good thing i think is it's coming out like a year before the movie. You know they will want to tie in a release with the movie debut and probably the dvd release of that. So if we can get them released every 4 months we should be in good shape.

That coverart btw screams disco inferno!!! but i like it anyway!!

Ron68

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ron
I really dislike the cover art but I'm glad to be getting the episodes, so I can live with it. I'm also glad to be getting some extras too, they sound interesting.

Firebee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan

Agreed...I'd love to get Six Million Dollar Man, Bionic Woman, and even Love American Style on DVD. But, especially the first two, now that CHiPs is coming out...once the pre-order comes up, I'm all over that one.
htf_images_smilies_drum.gif

Peter McM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
I'd love to know what ever happened to Randi Oakes (Officer Bonnie Clark). She looked just like a girl I was in high school with at the time; someone I had a huge crush on. Her name was, get this--Bonnie!

Patrick.C

Second Unit
A question for the CHiPs fans - something I always wondered - Why was CHiPs renamed to "CHiPs Patrol" when it went into syndication? Thats the only show I can think of that did that.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
I am pretty sure that the name CHiPs Patrol was given to the reruns at the time to distinguish it from the new episodes airing.

Pavan_P

Second Unit
Quite a few shows were renamed in syndication on locals. Happy Days, Laverne & Shirley, Three's a Crowd, The Ropers, etc. But nowadays they are known by their real titles. I don't think shows rename themselves in syndie anymore.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
"7th Heaven: Beginnings" and "Gilmore Girls: Beginnings" were name changes given to the syndicated airings. Both shows are still in production, and they didn't want to confuse viewers.

Gord

JeffWld

Stunt Coordinator
Others have included:

Gunsmoke = Marshal Dillon
Dragnet = Badge 714
Hawaii Five-0 = McGarrett

Daryl L

Supporting Actor
J/k here but who needs this on dvd. TNT aired this show a minimum of two times a day (for many periods more than that a day), 7 days a week for over 15 years. Didn't everyone get enough of it? ;)

Katherine_K

Second Unit
The same question could be asked of any number of shows. I still eagerly await the chance to buy series on DVD that are aired in syndication. Three of my most anticipated continuing dvd releases are Law & Order (the franchise in general), JAG, and ER. Those are all aired seven days a week more tha once a day. But I like watching tv when I want to not when USA or TNT happens to air the episodes.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
Daryl: when CHiPs was shown on TNT and TBS for many years those episodes were also edited quite abit. The episodes on dvd are the full length episodes + CHiPs is not being shown on TV at all at the moment and hasn't been for a few years now on TNT/TBS.

Daryl L

Supporting Actor
I think Law & Order fills half of TNT's daily schedule. ;) But please, take no offence to my posts. I like Chips. I was just joking about TNT's dedication to reruns. Chips just being without a doubt their longest running (most aired) show ever. (But I could be wrong about that). :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks