What's new

China bans live-action/animated hybrids (1 Viewer)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Must be along the lines of the animal-human hybrids Bush mentioned in his state of the union. :)

Brian D H

Second Unit
OK.

So this ban would include such projects as LOTR, Star Wars, The Matrix, Chronicles of Narnia, Harry Potter, Jurassic Park, Terminator 2, Sin City, and even Titanic?

Heck, what modern film with any action scenes doesn't have CG characters in some long shots at least?

Jeff Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

I think the article said that the ban wouldn't apply to already existing movies; it would only apply to movies and tv shows created after the ban.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
I read somewhere else that this is being misreported. "Live action/animation hybrids" won't be classed as animation, instead will be classed as live action - this means they won't get certain benefits that animation is granted. What those benefits are, and whether that's true, I don't know.

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member

Whereas martial arts heroes leaping thirty or forty feet into the air and knocking the crap out of each other with no blood or bruises is just so sensible.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, because the bizarre sex/violence dichotomy this side of the pacific makes perfect sense.

--
H

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C

At least this side of the Pacific, people are allowed to watch what they please and make up their own minds.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member

So there's zero censorship or control of content in movie distribution in the US?

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
i believe what China's trying to do is create their own "great wall of content". that was the purpose behind these weird and strange laws. thus, anytime they want to pump up their industries they ban exports.

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C

"This side of the Pacific" is more than just the US ;)

All I can tell you is that I've never had to give up on seeing a film because of censorship.

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
This must have been a common scenario...

(something unlikely is discussed)
"Yeah right, when pigs talk."
"Oh my god!"
"I guess it's true then, (unlikely possibility) must be coming true."

(thinking pause)

"Wait, isn't it 'when pigs FLY?'"
"Oh, maybe your right. But should we risk it? Kids, go tell mom its time for the ritual suicide."

In the immortal paraphrased words of Sgt. Big Toe..."Lighten Up China".

BrianB

Senior HTF Member

I know that. And that makes the statement even more nonsensical unless you can categorically state there's zero such censorship or whatnot in every country in America ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks