What's new

Chilly Scenes of Winter and Between the Lines (1 Viewer)

Gary->dee

Screenwriter

Chilly Scenes of Winter 1979

[url=http://www.reel.com/content/boxart/vhs/3551.GIF]
[/url]
Between the Lines 1977

What do those two titles have in common?

They were both directed by Joan Micklin Silver, star John Heard, they're both good movies and they aren't on DVD.

ARGH!

This is the obligatory, I want "this title" on DVD thread, but in this case there's a common thread between 2 movies. Luckily I managed to tape these 2 movies in their OAR off TCM or IFC, can't remember. But they're fading fast! I think they could make these 2 movies a flipper, one movie per side. Might not ever happen but it would be a nice disk to have. Chilly Scenes of Winter is my favorite of the two, especially during Winter. Great soundtrack.

I never would have liked these movies as a child, perhaps Between the Lines, but as an adult I can really appreciate them. Jeff Goldblum's in BTL btw.

Matthew Kiernan

Stunt Coordinator
CHILLY SCENES OF WINTER is still with MGM. About two years ago, I was working for a company that was looking into BETWEEN THE LINES. I met Ms. Silver's husband, Raphael, who was shopping the rights (the Silvers own both BETWEEN THE LINES and HESTER STREET) and he was surprised that I knew the film, considering my age (early 30s). My then-boss balked at the prices being asked (which, as I recall, were not really that much), so nothing was done. I had heard a short time later that New Video was going to pick up HESTER STREET, but have heard nothing about it since - it surely would have been out by now. I don't know what the deal is exactly, but it's sure worth looking into, since both films are very, very good.

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Never heard of these, but they sound interesting. Time to wishlist them on my TiVo, and hopefully they will come on soon.

Stu Rosen

Second Unit
It's funny -- I loved Chilly Scenes of Winter when it first came out in my teens, and had a chance recently to watch it on my old, old VHS copy and, well, I can't say it held up. It was clever, and unrelentingly sad and sweet, but my memories of how much I loved it were definitely overstated.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks