What's new

"Child's Play" 20th Ann. Edition - Is This True??? (1 Viewer)

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
From Wikipedia, I found the following:

A 20th Anniversary DVD is scheduled for release by Fox on September 9; special features will include "Audio Commentary with TBD," a "Selected Scene Chucky Commentary," "Evil Comes in Small Packages" featurettes," a "Vintage Featurette: Introducing Chucky: The Making of Child's Play," an "It's Hard Being Evil" feature, "Theatrical Trailer" and a "Photo Gallery."

Further specs from a poster at horrordvds.com state the following:

Street Date: 9-9-08
Run Time: 97 Minutes
Audio: English: Dolby Surround 5.1 / English & Spanish: Dolby Surround / French: Stereo
Aspect Ratio: Widescreen: 1.85:1

Now I need to know...........is this for real??? As long as I've been collecting DVDs, I've hoped and prayed for a widescreen version of the original "Child's Play". I swore I'd never own the full screen version, and I never have. If this is indeed true, it's bar none the best news I've heard in a very, very long time!!

The aforementioned poster states that Fox/MGM made this announcement on June 11th, but this is the first I've heard of it. Any confirmation would be GREATLY appreciated.

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
Christian my friend, you just made my day! Thanks for the confirmation. Now I can officially get excited. lol I'm going to head out today and pick up "The Chucky Collection" which consists of the 4 sequels. I never bothered to get it before because it would've always seemed incomplete without the original film. I am seriously ecstatic about this!

Ed Moroughan

Second Unit
Real Name
Edward R. Moroughan
Awesome. I hate to admit this but when I fist saw this aged 12 it scared the hell out of me. The doll just looks so malevolent...how could it ever have been a toy? LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zoobird
Recent bookmarks