What's new

Children's Hour - Why An 18a Rating In Canada? (1 Viewer)

Brent Avery

Supporting Actor
I was trying to figure out why this film, which has a 'Not Rated' category in the U.S. has been classified one step down from a Restricted rating in Canada. I realize the subject matter is adult in nature and the movie was certainly ahead of its time (1961) but honestly, I know that there are enough films currently in release with a PG rating that have subject matter ( sex,language& violence ) that must make this movie tame in comparison. Were the individuals who do this for a living having a bad day? I saw the movie on tape a few years ago and could not see anything worse than it being PG. Anybody have ideas or answers for this as it might turn some people away from purchasing it as it is a great drama by William Wyler, and besides, I have not been able to associate Audrey Hepburn with an 18A classification.

Jefferson

Supporting Actor
Not sure. Is the sexual subject matter (and the movie's ending, which i won't reveal here) enough to warrant that rating even though it is dealt with "offscreen"? Here in the US,
TURNER CLASSIC MOVIES channel has begun to rate this film, and all of what they show, even films like this that used to have no rating.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks