What's new

Children Unaware Father Died...10 Years Ago (1 Viewer)

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
Wow...not many details in the article (it's all posted here guys). Perhaps the siblings didn't keep in contact with their father.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Japanese can be very reclusive, so it's not completely shocking to hear about this.

Leila Dougan

Screenwriter

Decompsing? As in, still in the process of being decomposed?

I'm no expert, but I would think that after 10 years the body would be well beyond the active decomposing stage. But what do I know?

Certainly strange indeed.

Vlad D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Vladimir Derenoncourt
Wasn't this story posted here once before?

EDIT: Actually it wans't the same story but very similar. Also happened in Japan, but the guy was dead for 20 years.

Thread link

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
It's not unprecedented.

Also in Japan. Again, I suspect we're missing some basic cultural element to make sense of these occurences.

EDIT: Vlad beat me to the punch.

--
H

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member

this is the second such story I can think of. Or is it the third counting the other two people that also thought of it? :)

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
Well the siblings are all elderly.. maybe they just forogt who was in that room at the top of the stairs

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
10 years is a long time. However, my brother is a cop and he once reported to the house of 2 elderly siblings where the brother said he was worried about his sister. He had noticed that she was very cold and no matter how many blankets he put over her, he couldn't seem to get her warm. After removing the layers of blankets, the cops found that the woman had passed away weeks earlier (may she rest in peace) and the brother just could not face it so he went into denial. It's sad, but not unheard of, I guess.

Jan H

Senior HTF Member
If the great filmmaker Yasujiro Ozu were alive today, a great film could be made of these bizarre doings. Kind of gives new meaning to the stereotypical 'Japanese emotional reticence.'

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks