What's new

"Children of Men" - No insert? (1 Viewer)

Peter McM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
Just picked up "Children of Men" from my nearby Target (proud sponsor of IFC!) Haven't rushed to play just yet, but am disappointed to see yet another great title deprived of liner notes.

Matt Czyz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matt Czyz
These days, just getting a chapter listing is a minor miracle. Actual liner notes? That's crazy talk! :D

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

Yeah, it does happen, but it's pretty rare. I really think people should assume no insert - to be honest, these "no insert?" threads get tedious since the majority of DVDs don't include them...

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
In fact, I generally find it to be a pleasant surprise when I open an older title and find a chapter list and/or liner notes tucked inside.

The thought process usually goes like this:

1.) See insert. :crazy:
2.) Register surprise. :eek:
3.) Oh. That's right. This particular title was actually released several years ago. :rolleyes
4.) I hate that new titles now almost always don't have inserts. :angry:

Bleddyn Williams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bleddyn Williams
This title has a real throwback look on the disc itself - the plain black printing looks like it was made about 8 years ago!

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Studios might just as well go with slimline keep cases exclusively. Wasn't the point of the keepcase design to house both disc and booklet? Yes. And the clips on the left inside are still there, looking desperately empty.

Douglas R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Apart from some budget releases, CDs nearly always include liner notes, sometimes comprising substantial booklets. Why supplying notes should be seem to be standard for CDs and not DVDs baffles me. The economics must be similar. In fact, some of the most extensive CD notes are supplied from the smallest CD labels, yet DVDs are mainly issued by major conglomerations who surely can afford to produce them.

Matt Czyz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matt Czyz
Douglas,
That's a good point. Multi-page booklets filled with professional artwork/photography plus lyrics/other text info are still standard with CDs, and they've been around a whole lot longer than DVDs. I'd love it if every dvd came with at least a nice 8 page booklet like old MGM discs did (2010, Bond films, etc).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks