What's new

Children of Men - Discussion thread (1 Viewer)

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
Oops! Reread my previous entry and it's way too petulant. That's not what I intended! I simply meant to say: cool it guys, everyone gets criticised, stop taking it so personally. But it comes across far more, well, 'ranting' is I suppose the best word. I could edit it, but then the comments afterwards would be nonsensical.

This is what comes of typing something when there's a pet parrot sitting on your head.

That's it - the parrot did it. Let's blame the parrot.

Thank you nurse, I think I will have those nice tablets now.

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
Petulant or no, I don't disagree with you, Andrew, and my sarcastic little ripostes were meant only to underscore your point. I think it's starting to become just a little silly for any American in these times to make hash out of England's historic imperialism. It does reek not a little of hypocrisy, but I think it's more simply a lack of self-reflection, a dose of self-delusion, and a largely blinkered view of the world. It's the sort of stance that allows one to view a film like "Children of Men" and fail to find anything in it of a "political" nature, much less to acknowledge its rather singular critique.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks