What's new

Children of Men Blu Ray.. (1 Viewer)

Lance Rumbolt

Stunt Coordinator
I just recieved my copy of Children of Men on Blu Ray, I have to say I was completely blown away by the quality on this disc and i have to admit to being in geek heaven having seen my first Blu Ray with the Universal logo on it.

the bad side is that there was absolutely no extras on it so i will probably double dip and get the inevitable universal release proper.

And if anyone is wondering this was the nordic film release.

Anybody else checked this out yet?

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
I may just have to pick this title up on the 9th along with First Knight and Twister. :emoji_thumbsup: All I want is a really good HD transfer and lossless audio and I am sound as a pound, ya baby...... ;) :laugh:

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
You might want to double-check before buying. I passed over this release because I read it only had Dolby Digital 640kbps. I'll wait for the U.S. release from Universal.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Thanks for the info Jeff. If it has lossless I will pick it up if it has the tired old lossy DD then no sale. I will have to wait and see what happens as there are plenty of other titles with lossless to buy.

Can anyone here confirm if this title was released with the Dolby Digital 640kbps track or a lossless track ?

Lance Rumbolt

Stunt Coordinator
I can confirm this is the lossy 640k track, i know a bit of a let down but the transfer is just superb i loved it.

I will probably get the Universal release as well to be honest I want the extras that was on the 2 disc set.

So Dave if the lossy track is a deal breaker i would wait.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
I have done a search for Children Of Men on both DVD Empire, DVD Planet and even Amazon but can not find this title on Blu-ray. While I am not to thrilled about owning it with a so so Dolby Digital lossy track. I am just confused why I can not find it on store shelves or on any website? I really would prefer to own this title with a lossless track but may break down and buy it anyway if I find it cheap?

Lance Rumbolt

Stunt Coordinator

Hi Dave, the track I can guarantee is not so so it is brilliant.

try www.movietyme.com do a search and you can order it there. not sure on the cost to the states but worth checking out if you do crack!

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Sorry Lance I just have not been overly impressed by lossy Dolby Digital. I have heard some decent DD tracks but to this day I have never been blown away. This is why I have gone out of my way to replace my DD DVD's with DTS versions. I also have the same opinion of the lossy DD tracks on HD media. Personally I find DD to be lacking in transparency and sounds slightly muddy and boomy, especially in the center channel. Many here know of my opinion on DD and it is something that I thought I would fill you in on. I am however am very impressed with Dolby True HD and really like LPCM and can not wait to decode DTS-HD MA.

I will hold off until this title is available here in the states and hopefully it will include lossless. There are still alot of titles that are currently out that I have not added to my HD library. And many more titles that are coming out not to mention that I need to upgrade part of my HT. So I guess I will be putting this one off.

It is a good movie and I can not wait to own it some day. I do appreciate your input Lance. :)

Lance Rumbolt

Stunt Coordinator

Yeah I do know what you mean but I was surprised by this soundtrack.. Thinking about it though it's probably a bit to expensive to ship to the states as a bare bones release and with the lossy track.

I gues you've waited this long so a little bit longer won't hurt at all.

Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bill scruggs
Recent bookmarks