What's new

Children of Dune: is there an SE coming? (1 Viewer)

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Count me as one who'd like to know. Having said that, I already have way too many unwatched DVDs crying out for love and attention, so I can easily wait another year for this. Or even two. :D

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I could go for an SE, but I would think it wouldve been out by now for Xmas...
I don't think so. The FH's Dune SE took 1.25 years to come out after the original version. Since the COD bare-bones version hit in May, I didn't expect the SE any sooner than this coming Spring, and perhaps the Summer.

If you re-read the part I quoted in post 5 of this thread, you see that he was VERY sure that the SE was coming. Yeah, it *could* have been quietly dropped, and/or the merger with Lion's Gate may have affected it.

But I'm waiting, myself. If you can't wait, then for $10 you should definately grab the barebones edition! Later on you can give it to a friend or sell it to a used place.

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
quote:
----
Yeah, it *could* have been quietly dropped, and/or the merger with Lion's Gate may have affected it.
----
BINGO, dude. thats just the thing that had me concerned.

and I wonder just how well the DUNE SE sold after the BB had been on the market for a year....and COD is not nearly so "iconic" as to generate sales, IMHO

Allan^L

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone have any more news about this possible SE? I'm coping by listening to the soundtrack but this up-in-the-air status is killing me!

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Seeing the regular edition available for $10 or so is sure tempting. I tried to do a search for this topic a few weeks ago, but nothing came up, I'm glad it resurfaced. I thought I had heard these rumors, but had completely forgotten. I'd think it would be on a release schedule by now.

Still, I haven't watched my special edition of Dune yet. I bought the regular one before I saw announcements of the special one. The special edition came out for less than I bought the first one. I gave the first one away to my sister-in-law.

As long as it is still on the horizon, I have enough patience to wait.

Neil

Lars_J

Stunt Coordinator
It doesn't seem like an SE is coming anytime soon.

And if it does come, it will just be the same cut. The SE of the first mini-series was the extended European version, but for COD, there European version was identical.

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
So it sounds like there is no longer version available, and any SE would just include interviews and other bonus items;

If true-I can live without that;

OK, a $10.00 COD coming up.

Kami

Screenwriter
There was more of a compelling reason to wait for a SE of the original Dune mini-series since the original was non-anamorphic and not the director's cut. But Children of Dune already has a nice anamorphic transfer and is the "director's cut" as far as I know. I love this mini-series to pieces, can't get enough of it. Like it way better than the first one.

JohnDG

Stunt Coordinator
The SE of the first mini-series was the extended European version, but for COD, there European version was identical.
Checking IMDB, the rating in Germany was 12 versus 16 for the "Dune" mini-series. This would tend to confirm it.

jdg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks