What's new

Children of Dune DVD Question (1 Viewer)

Eric*Reed

Auditioning
Does anyone know if there is going to be a Children of Dune Director's Cut DVD like with the Original Dune miniseries? I am deciding if I want to buy the 2-disc now or wait for a better Director's version like with Dune.

thanks

Joshua Lane

Second Unit
I've heard rumors that there will be, but who knows whether those rumors will turn out to be true. If you've waited this along, it can't hurt to wait a little while longer can it?

DustinLC

Supporting Actor
I like the movie and own the disc. I don't think I'm looking forward to having any extra scenes. It's enough.

If you're a fan of the movie and you like it enough to want more than what you saw on SciFi, then I assume you would buy this now instead of waiting for something that might not come.

Roger_R

Second Unit
I'm wondering if there's going to be some kind of SE for Children of Dune as well. I almost bought the 2-disc version of the first mini-series when I heard about the SE that was coming. Also, are they going to film more of the books in the Dune-series??

JohnDG

Stunt Coordinator
(summarizing from a previous thread):

Going to IMDB shows two separate length versions for "Dune," with the European version being longer. IIUC this was then released in The States as the SE DVD version.

Going to IMDB for "Children of Dune" shows only one length for the releases in both Europe and The States.

I would suspect that there will not be an SE DVD version for COD.

jdg

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Anyone have any updates on this? I recently saw the regular edition at Best Buy selling for $10 which is mighty tempting. Anyway, if there is a new edition with some nice commentary or other special features coming down the line, I'd like to know.

Neil

Justin_H

Auditioning
I too had heard there was suppose to be a new version, but I also heard the rating weren't that great for Children of Dune. So, they may have dropped the idea just because of that.

Eric F

Screenwriter
The current DVD has an excellent anamorphic transfer and an impressive DD 5.1 track.

It's well worth the

Bryan Tuck

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan Tuck
I think I saw CoD on sale at FYE for $7.99. Even if a better edition does come down the line at some time, that's worth it. As Eric said, the disc is an excellent presentation, even if it is light on extras.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I was just wondering how much Deep Discount DVD was selling it and was surprised to see that it is $7.97 there. They list the full retail price as $14.95 now.

Neil

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks