What's new

Children of Dune 5/20 (1 Viewer)

Vlad D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Vladimir Derenoncourt
I missed both the Dune and Children of Dune miniseries when they originally aired, but I did get to watch them (all of Dune and part of the first episode of CoD - taped they rest) this weekend on the Sci-fi channel Dune Marathon. I really liked what I saw and now plan to pick up both DVD sets.

One question, is Susan Sarandon's character supposed to the Emperor's daughter from the first series? If so, I wonder why they didn't go with the original actress? I know this takes place 12 years later but they still went with the same actors for Paul and Chani. Maybe they just wanted to attach a big name to the project.

Shane D

Supporting Actor
irulan was the emperors daughter from the first series, and that was played by the same person in both movies, julie cox i believe, sarandon played her sister, also the emperors daughter

Vlad D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Vladimir Derenoncourt
Thanks Shane. As I said I only watched a small portion of the beginning of the first episode of CoD and I couldn't remember the emperor's daughter's name. Anyway I plan on watching all three episodes this weekend.

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
Ok, here's just the sort of things that ticks me off (copied from thedigitalbits.com):

And we have official details on the Children of Dune DVD from Artisan. The 2-disc set streets on May 20th (SRP $26.98) and will include the complete 3-part miniseries in anamorphic widescreen video with Dolby Digital 5.1 audio. Extras will include a video trailer, the Sci-Fi Channel TV ad gallery and a visual effects comparison featurette. No doubt if it sells well, there will be a special edition in 2004.
Can you say "DUH!" to Artisan? If sales of the current version are good *then* there will be an SE in 2004? DUH!

Those of us who want an SE don't want to have to buy it twice and are *waiting* for the SE. What kind of screwed up logic is this? Sales from the first set (the "DUNE" SE we all bought in droves) should be indication enough of the market for this set and the SE for the new series should be the one-and-only DVD version released. Why who else would by a series like this on DVD??? The FANS who want an SE set with DTS of course!!!

Oyvey!

:angry:

Eric F

Screenwriter
That's why they invented the library.:D

Yes, it makes no sense. I'm not willing to splurge twice- maybe if I can get the 1st edition for $10, but not much more than that.

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor
The situation is somewhat different this time around. On the first mini-series the R1 DVD was not anamorphic or 5.1 sound. The clamoring of R1 folks was an important consideration in deciding to issue the SE (as well as adding some footage with and without nudity).

That doesn't mean there won't be an SE of COD, but two very serious problems on the first are eliminated on this time. Hence there could be fewer COD buyers willing to upgrade to a future SE.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks