1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Children of Divorce (1927) - Clara Bow & Gary Cooper - December 6, 2016 from Flicker Alley

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by revgen, Sep 23, 2016.

1. revgen

revgen Screenwriter

Dan
    [​IMG]

The first time this film has ever been released on home video. Flicker Alley is offering free shipping on all pre-orders until September 23rd, 3:00PM PST.

Sourced from the original nitrate negative held by the Library of Congress, as well as their 1969 fine grain master, this new restoration of Children of Divorce was scanned in 4K resolution, and represents over 200 hours of laboratory work by the Library of Congress in order to create the best version possible.

http://www.flickeralley.com/classic-movies/#!/Children-of-Divorce/p/71715647/category=20414531

Bert Greene likes this.
  2. Mike2001

Mike2001 Supporting Actor

Mike
    Nice. Order placed.

revgen likes this.
  3. Bert Greene

Bert Greene Supporting Actor

I was just watching "Nevada" (1927) with Gary Cooper the other day. Didn't expect to run across 1927-vintage Coop again so soon. I'll certainly be getting this, albeit in some ways more for Esther Ralston than for Bow/Cooper.

revgen likes this.
  4. bujaki

bujaki Producer

Jose Ortiz-Marrero
    Ordered as soon as I received the email.

5. Rodney

Rodney Screenwriter
    Supporter

Clara Bow? Pre-ordered!

6. Flicker Alley

Flicker Alley Auditioning

Sarah
    [​IMG]

We are proud to announce that Louise Paziak, daughter of silent era child star Mary Louise Miller, granted us an exclusive interview about her mother, which you can now read on our blog!

Miller co-stars in Children of Divorce as the daughter of Clara Bow and Gary Cooper. She was known as the "Million Dollar Baby" when newspapers claimed that Mary Pickford and Douglas Fairbanks offered a million dollars to adopt her after she appeared in Sparrows with Pickford.

In our interview, her daughter reveals the true story behind the “Million Dollar Baby” rumor, the lasting impression Miller made on Gary Cooper, and Miller's post-child-star career. She also graciously provided personal photos of her mother performing and modeling as an adult.

Here's an excerpt from our interview:

And here's a brand-new preview clip from Children of Divorce featuring a scene with Mary Louise Miller, Esther Ralston, Gary Cooper, and Clara Bow!

Matt Hough and revgen like this.
  7. Flicker Alley

Flicker Alley Auditioning

Sarah
  8. Bert Greene

Bert Greene Supporting Actor

Got quite a kick out of this, viewing it over the weekend. True, the plot is a bit of pearl-clutching dramatic hokum involving the upper-crust, but there was also a welcome breeziness offsetting all that which made it fun. Especially thanks to the star trio, although Gary Cooper is awfully green here, with the two gals acting rings around him! Actually, maybe even more impressive were the child actors at the beginning, portraying the main characters in their youth. They were so good and engaging, I was almost rather sorry the movie didn't just stick with them for the entiriity of the film, covering their youthful travails. Really nice print and transfer, especially for something like this. And I particularly liked the music score, which was so spot-on, and appropriate for the era. Really enhanced an already fine presentation.

Hence, very glad I got this. Of course, with Bow, Ralston, and Cooper headlining the thing, there was no way I probably would not have taken a chance on this. I frankly didn't even know a print of this movie survived before hearing of this release.