What's new

Chicken Little Teaser (1 Viewer)

paul:hillsdon

Stunt Coordinator
Straight from Animated News:

Can't wait until Tuesday to catch the Chicken Little teaser on the new Brother Bear DVD? Well head over to this French Disney website which has a version of the trailer online: http://www.disneyvideo.fr.st/menu/chicken.avi

I think it's looks great! The comedy seems totally different from most Disney flicks. The 3D is OK, but is sure to improve over time. It certainly (the 3D) looks better than those shots of Mickey Twice upon an x-mas. I can't wait!

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
Me, my wife and 4 year old daughter saw this last night and we all loved it...I think Disney has a hit on their hands.

Based on the loud applause when the show ended, I think word of mouth about how fun it is will get around fast.

I recommend folks with little ones go see it.

:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter
I'll be checking out the digitally projected polarized 3-D version this weekend. I don't think I'd bother with the 2-D version.

Is this the first CGI flick Disney put out without Pixar? Is that why some people seem to want to hate it so badly? I haven't been keeping up....

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
There's also Dinosaur, although that was a weird sort of hybrid thing. And I believe this summer's Valiant was an acquisition.

There's a lot of reasons why folks have a certain amount of animosity toward this, not all rational. It's not just the perception that Disney is crowding in on Pixar's turf, but that they abandoned cel-based animation to do it. Also, this movie has had a pretty troubled history; it's been pushed back a couple times and I recall reading that the writers had no idea how to end the thing until very late in production.

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer

Irregardless of what happened, they ended up with a fun family movie IMO. :D

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter
It's simply the traditional, clear glasses Polarized format (used for the vast majority of 3-D features ever made), except it is being projected by digital means with no actual film print.

Forget about the colored glasses used for some recent kiddie flicks; they aren't in use here.

In other words, it's the digital idea that's new, not the polarized 3-D, which dates back to the 1930's. People always think the 1950's films used the colored glasses, but that is completely false. (They get confused because some of those older film were later downcoverted to the poor red/blue anaglyph format for re-issue and TV showings, but those versions are abominations!)

Polarized 3-D is far superior, and with the new digital projectors; the idea is that they have more control over the presentation and it should be a lot simpler to work with than the dual projector set ups from the 1950's and better quality than the single projector systems used in the 1980's flicks.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
I saw this movie tonight, and call me crazy but I enjoyed it. Although it did feel more like a Dreamworks picture than the Disney pictures I'm used to, or the Pixar ones that everybody loves.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
I saw this tonight in 'Disney Digital 3D'.

Most amazing 3D picture I've ever seen... Absolutely no image distortion or feeling cross-eyed (which I usually do in 3D movies).

And before you ask "but have you ever seen a REAL polarized 3D movies?" I live in Orlando... so I've seen all the theme park attractions (Spider-Man, T2:3D [which is actually 70MM 3D], and Muppet Vision 3D)

Anyways.... DLP + 3D + a VERY high framerate (from what I hear near 150fps) = GOD. That's all there is to it.

And the movie was actually really funny too.

GregK

Screenwriter

That's thanks to Disney techs understanding the concept of the "stereo window". So many IMAX and other theme park 3-D features seem to think a majority of the feature needs to placed far outside the window (off-screen), which essentially forces one to continually cross their eyes to focus on the subject matter.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I didn't see this film in 3D, but I might. I did see in conventional 2D and found it to be a lot of fun, and I loved the quick bits of humor in small bursts, plus Chicken Little is just so darn cute, and inventive. Its running time was just about right, not too long, not too short (even if its running time was around 80 minutes).

I give it 2.5 stars or a grade of C+.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
The 3-D was really impressive; I'm not usually a fan of digital projection and I often have a hard time with 3-D, but this was really astonishingly clear. It'll be really neat when they apply this to something intended to be 3-D from the get-go rather than having it added on late in the game.

Pity about the rest of the movie; it has some nice moments, but as a whole, didn't really impress me.

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
I thought the 3D was the best I've ever seen as far as presentation. The film, well, I thought it was awful. I never once saw a shred of originality or imagination on the screen. Plus the animation was substandard in almost every way. The film obviously has its fans, though, so that's just my opinion. Like I said, great 3D!

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
I haven't seen this film, but I agree 100% of the superiority of Polarized 3-D over anaglyph (red/blue) "3-D". Unfortunately, there is no 3-D presentation in North Carolina.

I'm still peeved about the abandonment of hand-drawn animation, but I may see this film eventually.

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter
The digital 3-D projection was astonishingly good; I couldn't believe how clear and bright the image was.
It was far better than the 2-D 35mm movies I've seen at the same theater, and of course blows away 35mm polarized 3-D projection also.

There was not a hint of eyestrain and the glasses were very comfortable, I forgot I was even wearing them.

If they can keep this kind of quality presentation up in a wide release, then I have no doubt digital projection (both 2-D/3-D) will have a major impact.

I'm hoping MONSTER HOUSE, the next digital 3-D release (July 2006) will be even better.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation636
Recent bookmarks