What's new

Chicago Soundtrack (1 Viewer)

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
Has anyone picked up the new Chicago soundtrack? How is it?

John Watson

Screenwriter
I'm hoping it sounds like Roaring 20's, including shrill choruses.

Just saw this review from Billboard

"Who knew? Catherine Zeta-Jones, Renee Zellweger, and Richard Gere singing and dancing their way through the silver screen version of the Kander & Ebb musical/comedy classic Chicago . . . and pulling it off. And here's half the evidence -- enough big band, Dixieland, and saucy panache to blow the doors off a speakeasy. The trio get plenty of help from fellow cast members and an ensemble of top-shelf jazz musicians. Highlights include the sultry "All That Jazz," the jailhouse montage "Cell Block Tango," and the sassy "I Move On" (Zeta-Jones and Zellweger), which was written especially for the film. Gere proves himself to be quite the showtune crooner on "All I Care About" and "Razzle Dazzle." Also included are three tracks not in the film -- "Love Is a Crime" (Anastacia), "Class" (Zeta-Jones and Queen Latifah), and a hip-hop version of "Cell Block Tango" (Queen Latifah, Lil' Kim, and Macy Gray)."

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Picked mine up today! Sounds great!
If you have any of the cast CDs, this one has a very nice sound to it. Performances aren't up to Bebe Neuwirth and Ann Reinking, but the recording sounds very good.
Just read in Entertainment Weekly that the song "Class" was pulled from the movie for suggested lyrics. The scene is expected to be on the DVD when released. The new Ebb/Kander song "I Move On" was added and put over the closing credits simply to give the two song writers a shot at an Oscar nomination for best original song. The songs from the original show were ineligible.
Great versions of Cell Block Tango, Mister Cellophane (a standout in the movie), We Both Reached For The Gun, and All That Jazz/Overture.
There is also a pop version of Cell Block Tango featuring Queen Latifah, L'il Kim and Macy Gray.
If you are a fan of the show/movie, pick it up! :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks