CHEYENNE and MAVERICK

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
silverking said:
I think you do Jack Kelly an injustice.He did a number of solo episodes which were very good.Robert Colbert only did two episodes so never had the chance to develop and the series was running out of steam by the time he debuted.The last season in ehich Kelly rode alone is the weakest but I think he actually was in more episodes than Garner.
Peter Breck made four guest appearances in the last Season (of 13 new episodes) as Doc Holiday (Following an appearance at the end of the previous season) WB tried a few times to do something with Doc Holiday - Adam West played him twice - once of LAWMAN and once of COLT .45, and Gerald Mohr played him twice a several seasons earlier on MAVERICK.

bretmaverick2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tom Hunter
I would definately say, as one who has seen Maverick episodes multiple times, that there is very little quality difference between the Bret and the Bart episodes. Same olds true for the Bart and Beau episodes in season four. The only season that really seemed to show wear and tear was the final season. Even Jack Kelly appeared to be ready to move on by that point. I would really like to see each season released on its own. Except I would really like to see seasons 4 & 5 combined into one set. And about Cheyenne - I also hope if it is released far enough into the series, that the entire Cheyene program is included, including the episodes that featured other characters (Sugarfoot and the other character).

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
bretmaverick2 said:
And about Cheyenne - I also hope if it is released far enough into the series, that the entire Cheyene program is included, including the episodes that featured other characters (Sugarfoot and the other character).
Bronco

bretmaverick2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tom Hunter
Trying to remember the names of all the Mavericks that appeared in the course of the three MAVERICK series: Brother Bret, Brother Bart, cousin Beau, Brother Brent were the four lead Mavericks of the original series. Pappy (Beauregard), Pappy's brother Bentley (cameo appearances twice, I believe, played (of course) by Jack Kelly), and while not appearing, Bret and Bart did talk about an Uncle Micah Maverick (presumed to be a brother of Pappy and Bentley. The final one I can remember is Ben Maverick, son of cousin Beau. He was introduced in the television film The New Maverick. Did I forget any?? About CHEYENNE: Did he have any relatives that appeared on his series??? I don't recall any off the top of my head...

bretmaverick2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tom Hunter
I sort of thought there was but as I was trying to remember the details, I kinda think that the father guy was a fake. But not entirely sure.

Forum Sponsors

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gopal babu