What's new

Pre-Order Cheers: The Complete Series (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
6117Ne6GONL._SL1000_.jpg

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. As an Amazon Associate, HTF earns from qualifying purchases. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Now this one snuck in. Hadn't heard about it anywhere else.

Sold.

I just hope they're using the newer streaming masters for the last few seasons and not the old DVD versions that CBS/P hacked up. The streaming versions had original music restored that the DVDs had chopped by CBS/P after they took over with season 8.

But either way, glad to see it coming, and I guess I can wait a couple months on watching Frasier to get Cheers first.

Last edited:

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I'm not a Cheers fan, but I am happy to see this set being offered. There are not a lot of catalog TV shows being offered by the major studios anymore. Hopefully, this will sell well enough for the release trend to continue.

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I'm not a Cheers fan, but I am happy to see this set being offered. There are not a lot of catalog TV shows being offered by the major studios anymore. Hopefully, this will sell well enough for the release trend to continue.
Paramount has been doing pretty well since the re-merger. Mission Impossible, Andy, Frasier, MacGyver, Charmed, probably more I'm forgetting.

Granted, with all of them but Frasier it's just been the HD masters they already had hanging around finally being pumped out on disc, but any physical media release is welcome. And they have plenty more shows with HD masters ready to go whenever they feel like it.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Will this new Cheers Blu have the bonuses that the first three gos (1982-85, the Coach seasons, before Colasanto's untimely death) had, or will it be just the episodes, unlike the DVDs?

Wezzo

Second Unit
Will this new Cheers Blu have the bonuses that the first three gos (1982-85, the Coach seasons, before Colasanto's untimely death) had, or will it be just the episodes, unlike the DVDs?

I don't think anyone knows for sure yet, but the Frasier Blu-ray set included the extras from the DVDs, so I imagine the Cheers one will too.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Per the press release.
Wander in…pull up a stool… and make yourself at home "where everybody knows your name" with Cheers: The Complete Series, featuring all 270 episodes from 11 seasons plus entertaining featurettes on 33 discs—with vivid picture and sound quality.

Since it doesn't get specific the answer is maybe but at least there are some extras.

Same photoshopped, to get everyone from all seasons in the picture except Coach, on the cover as the DVD complete series set. Coach should have been included.

Last edited:

justarandomstan

Second Unit
Real Name
Stan
I'm really, really, really hoping that we get the Blu Ray sets of both Cheers and Frasier in the UK.
Got both shows on DVD, but would love to upgrade at some point. Importing them from the US would cost me a fortune.

Such great news btw. I absolutely love Cheers!

Dave Lawrence

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
Same photoshopped, to get everyone from all seasons in the picture except Coach, on the cover as the DVD complete series set. Coach should have been included.

Bebe Neuwirth was part of the opening credits main cast for a couple of seasons and should also have been included on the cover in order to have all people who were ever part of the main bunch pictured.

But yeah, since Coach was always one of my favorites, it especially annoys me that Nicholas Colasanto is still not included on the cover in this newest release of the series.

David Deeb

Screenwriter
Real Name
David
That image is ridiculous. Hopefully they will do something a tad better for the actual release.

Recently bought the digital HD version. Halfway through season 2. It looks fantasti so I’m sure the discs will too. And even better, it still makes me laugh out loud.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Bebe Neuwirth was part of the opening credits main cast for a couple of seasons and should also have been included on the cover in order to have all people who were ever part of the main bunch pictured.

But yeah, since Coach was always one of my favorites, it especially annoys me that Nicholas Colasanto is still not included on the cover in this newest release of the series.
I think Bebe Neuwirth was listed as part of the regular cast for only the 11th season.

Great news that this is coming. I really am hoping against hope that we’ll get the broadcast versions, before music was altered, but ain’t betting on it.

sjbradford

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
sjbradford
I think Bebe Neuwirth was listed as part of the regular cast for only the 11th season.
She appeared in the opening titles for the 10th and 11th seasons. For season 10, she was credited in every episode that season, whether she appeared or not. She pretty much left the show during season 11 and was only credited in the opening titles that year for the handful of episodes in which she appeared.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
She appeared in the opening titles for the 10th and 11th seasons. For season 10, she was credited in every episode that season, whether she appeared or not. She pretty much left the show during season 11 and was only credited in the opening titles that year for the handful of episodes in which she appeared.
Ah- I don’t watch the season 10 episodes much, and when I do, I normally skip the opening credits. I hope the new BluRay set comes with chapter markers that can skip, like the DVD sets have.

Last edited:

Mr. Handley

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Paul
Been saving up for the Frasier set and now I've got another one to look forward to down the line.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
She pretty much left the show during season 11 and was only credited in the opening titles that year for the handful of episodes in which she appeared.

That's the way it should be-- don't bill every single one of your cast members in every single episode's opening titles if certain of your cast members are not going to appear in some of the episodes (that would be like saying that a certain star would be in a certain film from X studio, and then when people go to see the film, that star never shows up).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks